Can anyone possibly help me?

I came across a 1979 Motobecane in mint condition, meaning no rust, no scratches or anything. Just a little over 2000 original miles. All the original paperwork, clear title, and it is red. It does need a carburetor though :(

Anyone know anything about this that they could give me an idea on how much to sell it for. I dont know what the model is right this second tho.

Re: Can anyone possibly help me?

replacement carbs are easy

Motobecane very desirable

probably $400.00 + as it sits

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

Pics? I picked up a 78 Motobecane with title and running for $150. It's in excellent condition with all side covers.

Does it need a carb because there is none on the bike or does it need a carb because it does not start???

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

i've never paid more than 200$ for a running moby in good shape.

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Paid $100 for a vlx $160 for a le moped and $200 for a 50v. Sounds backwards doesnt it?

No pic = $100

I got a mint moby just like what you described that ran for $200.

It is a "red one" worth an xtra hundo for that! LOL, but then I' am biased!

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

I think what everyone's saying is you haven't struck gold.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

No carb = non running = It could need a lot more than a carb = $200 max

Andrew Kotcher /

Did anyone notice this person is not an enthusiast just someone trying to flip a quick buck because it looks to be in good shape.

its people like this who make me sick!! on craigslist one day for a fair price back on the next day all waxed up for 5x more than they paid for it and 3x what it is really worth!!!

if i am wrong then i apologize but i know i am not!! the longer they sit the more that goes wrong when they are resurrected!!

mint.

Now show pics... (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account