What is a true "Barn Find"

I hope to see tomorrow. A friend of mine bought a putt up in my rural hometown. She saw me on my Newport over the weekend and told me " I know where one of those are, tucked back in the corner of a cow barn and i have always wanted to buy it but didn't think it would run". Well, she bought it the next day and it is a Puch modle with a ZA50 on it. She sent me one text pic and said i would be taking it home to get running for her. oh... she paid $28.00 for it....

Re: What is a true "Barn Find"

A Boy Named Britchez ... /

Good story, silly price. How do u haggle to $28 dollars?

Because you only have $28 in your pocket.

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

I consider this a "barn find" despite the 80 yr old lady keeping it her house since 1973. Only 650 miles.

after she got it she said his Dad bought it some years back for $20 bucks. Dad has no mechanical abillity and neither does the kid (17-18 yrs.old)

I'm assuming the kid told her 30 bucks and she countered with 25 and they settled on 28. Thats just how farm folks do business up there. (i miss home). Who knows, there may have been some feed trade or child labor included with the 28 bucks... lol it is a great story though

Why couldnt it have been an E50 though,i just went through one and it's fresh in my mind... now i have to do mad research on the ZA and still juggle the Moby (av7) in my head that im continously researching... my eyes are crossed...lol (edited)

^^ Saweeeet

nice!

another barn story! just picked up a Black Painted UPS, puch maxi, two peugeot 103, Hard Tail Motobecane 40, I think a Motobecane 50v, a Pacer and a bunch of both used and NOS parts.

Worked at a bike shop last summer and found this stuff being forgotten!

In the Bicycle Barn!

Ok, i haven't physicaly seen this putt yet because work has kept me in the home base area... But, i have figured out how to transfer the text message pic of it she sent me to my sd card and then to my computer. I'm not to tech savy.. I'm a self proclaimed gear head.. any how here is the barn find. I think it is a Puch Maxi II not sure yet. Looks like it is missing a front fender and side covers. and who knows what else... but the motor is worth all of $28.00 i'm guessing....

edit for: she did say it was missing a pedal. I wonder if the whole pedal arm is gone...?

edit: nope i see the arm and hole under the frame gaurd tube. lol (edited)

imagejpeg952.jpg

I conciser this a barn find, even though it was just sitting in a yard for an unknown amount of time, ivy in wheels and all

0826121431.jpg

You could make a side cart out of that wheelbarrow real easy if you tried.. DO that shit....!!!

Damn, not a bad pick up for $28. I agree that ZA alone is worth more than that. Still impressive especially if the motor will spin, plus and gas cap both good signs. Seems to have little rust. Impressive Most impressive. Best of luck on getting this beast up and running hitting the roads again.

Thats how i move the moped around HAH

Rambo Donovan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thats how i move the moped around HAH

for some reason i pictured that moped in that wheelbarrow... funny shit..lol.. her husband said the tank was clean..all i need to worry about is a new plug, new plug wire,file points gently, clean the petcock, drain the tank, figure out how to drain and freshen up the trans fluid (for now), clean the carb (and jet), un-restrict the pipe, lube it up and ...... 8===D- - - - "skeet Skeet, Bang Bang".... the motor turns over... it will run and you know you will see a video in the next week of it... ;)

Indeed, can't wait. I Greatly enjoy seeing Machines rise from the depths to breath live again. I'm also taking great joy in doing this myself. Custom or original doesn't matter as long as shes alive ALIVE I TELL YOU!!!! I'd personally do as non as possible and ride while i wait for my Kit to arrive in the mail BUAHAHAHA. Go fast or get the fuck out of the way :P

I like to call it a "Resurrection".... BE SURE TO TURN IT UP LOUD!!!!! the only way to listen to metal... of coures..??..??......

(edited)

Dusty Rim Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Rambo Donovan Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Thats how i move the moped around HAH

>

>

> for some reason i pictured that moped in that

> wheelbarrow... funny shit..lol.. her husband said

> the tank was clean..all i need to worry about is a

> new plug, new plug wire,file points gently, clean

> the petcock, drain the tank, figure out how to

> drain and freshen up the trans fluid (for now),

> clean the carb (and jet), un-restrict the pipe,

> lube it up and ...... 8===D- - - - "skeet

> Skeet, Bang Bang".... the motor turns over... it

> will run and you know you will see a video in the

> next week of it... ;)

oh yeah .... and get the tubes to hold air for a test run... i hope the rims arean't bent... i am an addict now..LOOK WHAT YOU ALL HAVE DONE TO ME!!!

Boring. I haven't read about anyone finding an actual barn here at all. So everyone STFU.

Jesse wins, thread closed. Oh and Dusty STFU! Just for good measure.

I found my sexuality in a barn.

Recovering gas-a-holic /

barn find "FREE"

Hmm... still not a barn.

Oh that's a good barn. Low miles, rare build, good condition. Fuckin A.

Vintage Barn from sabatino Indiana. I'm surprised it's still standing.

Holy shit Nik, where did you find a pic of Dusty with Keith's mom? (edited)

Well, you know, in Keith's mom's bedroom.

Wouldn't that be a barn find?

Nik you fucked Keith's mom too?

MaddMatt -Ruffians STL /

Is that a Cowasaki?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account