How much scrilla do you have into your ped?

So i picked up a Pinto 2 and a Garelli last night. I plan on building the Pinto and just getting the Garelli running. That got me wondering how much money I want to throw at these peds.

How much money do you have stuck into your moped(s)?

Re: How much scrilla do you have into your ped?

I DONT WANT TO KNOW

I try to forget for the sake of my sanity.

If you budget your builds and hunt for used parts. You can make $300 go forever.

If you just get on treats/1977 and buy ever little nut/bolt/cable/gasket... $300 wont get you anything but nuts/bolts/cables/gaskets.

how much is the hourly wage of a moped mechanic? you will need to learn so your not spending 78% of the money on labor.

I am one of the guys who purchases new parts from treats/1977 and I have spent close to 1000 in parts alone on my Motron over the last few months. That doesnt include what the ped itself cost. If I was patient and tracked down used parts.. to confirm Chubbs statement.. it would have been considerably less.

Ive met people who have built amazing mopeds for a matter of a few hundred bucks. Im apparently a new part retard with empty pockets.

I'd rather buy new parts than have some asshole on MA run off with my money or donate tot he butcher on ebay.

FUCK!

Salsa Salsa /

I just suck dick for parts and give reach arounds for labor.

Counting the cost of the bike and all of the parts I have used (different carbs, seized kits, multiple varios, many ignition systems, etc) I have over $3000 into my build and currently need to build a complete new motor set up minus ignition and vario that will cost me $1100.

If you add in the cost of the new bike I will be doing an engine swap on then probably around $5000 total by next season.

Salsa Salsa /

I m going to build the sickest bike ever with all free parts from cool people on MOPADARMY!

the habit alone ruined my early years, definitely "invested" 10k+ since i was 13, and live in a pile of parts n scrap. usually i sell something I've been hording for 7 years for 20 bucks once a day. buys beer/adderall

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I have $375 total in my Free Spirit including the bike itself and hit 50mph and she is clean near mint.

Money does not a fast moped make, time is priceless.

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

I got about $700 just in parts

HOW MUCH ARUGULA DO YOU HAVE INTO YOUR MOPAD!?!

il have 1000 in parts and 250 in the bike

over a G

over 2g's

Are we including how many parts that have broke? :(

$200 and a master link... and some cuddle time with it in the shop. (for now... after riding a kitted magnum for the first time yesterday, Treats just got another couple hundy from me last night ) so we'll see where this goes...

don't wanna think about it... about to buy a Gila, pipe and ignition. ouch.

This is really a loaded question.

I literally just got my first moped earlier this year (Motobecane 50v) NOW I have an 82 Sachs Eagle I and a Peugeot 103. I can't help myself!

I don't even know what happened! They're multiplying in my garage and my pocketbook keeps dwindling!!

Ben Hughey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is really a loaded question.

>

> I literally just got my first moped earlier this

> year (Motobecane 50v) NOW I have an 82 Sachs Eagle

> I and a Peugeot 103. I can't help myself!

>

> I don't even know what happened! They're

> multiplying in my garage and my pocketbook keeps

> dwindling!!

sounds very familiar...

I couldnt even count how much money has gone into my peds but thats because i don't really care. Every penny that goes into a build is paid for out of a separate account that is funded by fixing up and selling other mopeds. I dont grip and flip runners, just clean up and bring bikes back to life and get paid for my mechanic skills. Still cheaper than other hobbies.

a lot and not enough at the same time.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

I've saved so much money from driving my moped instead of my car, its paid for itself about 3 times over

If it needs something fixing... fix it - drive!

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

Oh man.

76 Nostalgia, probably around $1k

80 Hobbit, Probably around $2k

Magnum/MB5 project (not even a roller yet), around $500

1969 Jawa Californian, around $1k

I spent about $250 building my 78' tomos from the frame up . It would be less but I dropped $110 on a pipe. Best moped I've ever owned.

i'm currently getting crazy stupid with derbi shit. gonna blow some hot nasty loads of cash. i got a few k puch "lego set."

i was about 22 huno into my drop tank bullet but that number included parts that were eventually replaced for better parts. so the real number was probably in the 18 range. sold it for 16

average ped purchase price, $200

average parts into resto, $300

sell price, prob less then $400 if i_ever_sold_one.

labor rate, $20 - $50/hour.

average time into a resto, maybe 20 hours.

gee, that's an extra $400 to $1k i'm not spending.

local shops charge $80 to $100/hr.

but i'm not buying $120 carbs, $150 ignitions, or $200 pipes and kits.

38-43 mph is plenty, and legal.

no reason for me to have "minty" either.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account