Piston question (tomos vs. puch)

I have a Puch 70cc Airsal cylinder that i want to put on my 2002 Tomos Targa LX. I blew up the original airsal puch piston on my maxi, and I cant figure out if i should order a Tomos piston for the puch kit or not.

Please help!

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lack of internet has me asking a probably repetitive question. sorry in advance

Re: Piston question (tomos vs. puch)

what

Order a puch piston.

sorry, this was my roommates question. he has a 1980 maxi, and just picked up an '04 tomos. i think he was wanting to know what engine parts, if any, were interchangeable between the bikes

puch piston? ill pass the word along. thank you, sir

You do realize that the stock tomos piston will be a completely different size than the piston you need for a 70 kit, right? Same with any of the stock puh pistons... Go on treats and see if you can find a replacement piston specific to that Airsal kit.

I posted this. I thought I was somewhat clear on my issue.

I need to put my Puch Airsal cylinder on my tomos, and I need to order a piston. Would the Puch airsal piston work with the tomos crank arm?

Everything I'm asking about is 70cc.

Both puch and tomos a35 cranks have 12mm ID small end bushings/needle bearings. So, yes. Get the puch piston.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

If the kit is reed valve, just get the replacement Airsal piston for it. The wrist pin is the same diameter as Puch, no worries

Even if the kit is piston port, it will work on Tomos. What I am saying is either fits both bottom ends, just make sure you buy the piston that matches the cylinder

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account