What to pay for a Hobbit?

Hey guys, I've been looking at a Honda Hobbit and wondering what should I be paying for it. I think the seller is pricing it a bit high, but it is complete and clean, but doesn't run well. Also it does not have a title, which in Illinois is a bit of a problem.

Any insight into what kind of offer should I put on the table for this ped? What is the going price for a clean, no title, non running Hobbit? I do like it and I think it would be a fun project and a fun moped to ride after titling and registering it.

Re: What to pay for a Hobbit?

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Lets start the bidding at $1

MaddMatt -Ruffians STL /

$1 Bob

I'd like to bid $5 and a stick of gum

Chris Rozek /

Very helpful, thanks guys.

If a title is needed and not available the hassle could a deal breaker. I've used the "for parts only" line on people selling w/o titles with success. Add the fact it doesn't run and my offer would be $50 to $100 maximum, the higher price only if I needed the parts.

Get the cost of obtaining a title to use when negotiating. Mention the process can take several months and can stall if the paperwork has issues.

If they won't budge on price walk away but leave a contact # so they can contact you if they change their minds. It can be a huge hassle w/o papers in some states, if the bike was ever stolen you will lose it and could be charged with receiving stolen property.

Always get a bill of sale with full name and address of seller.

psst, if it doesnt run use that to negotiate a lower price then soak the carb on cleaners and run shit through it and it'll run like a champ

STUFF IS WORTH WHAT YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY

$12,000 I hear hobbits are rare.

it really depends on the area. I wouldn't pay over $200 for a non runner unless i wanted that specific make/model. just know there will always be more mopeds.

$150

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account