pa50ii vs pa50ii ramp plate : confused [rant]

riddle me this..

i received a pa50ii ramp plate that needed the little notch grinded out so it would fit a pa50i clutch assembly, easy right. so i did that and installed the sucker. i rode it around but couldn't get past 30mph with a tricked out stock cylinder setup (19phgb, matching intake, and proma). I was baffled, it would not rev out and the belt was stopping halfway up the vario. I made sure the rear pulley was good, no notches inside. Still couldn't figure it out. Well I had another hobbit build with a pa50ii ramp plate, switched them out and bam! 40mph... So what's the deal.

I think I have a pa50ii ramp plate that is designed from factory to suck. It's the exact same as the pa50i's except for that little notch that makes it fit the correct clutch assembly. anyone else seen or heard of this? I'm just wanting to know if I'm crazy or not.

top plate is the good pa50ii ramp plate, bottom is the mystery pa50ii ramp plate that is pa50i specs

left plate is the good pa50ii ramp plate, right is the mystery pa50ii plate

am i right? (edited)

Re: pa50ii vs pa50ii ramp plate : confused [rant]

Where did you get it?

Might be a camino ramp plate (the one on the right):

That looks just like a PA50i Ramp plate to me. All twos i have ever seen looks like your good pa50II ramp plate. Why in the hell that one had an extra notch is mind boggling.

All my twos have looked like twos. and all my ones have looked line ones. You got jipped.

Emil Kniemel /

can see the hole on the shitty pa50ii plate?

I bought a so called PA502 ramp plate from treats once, it was a shallow slope like a PA501 but had the center hole like a PA502. Told him what I got, he gave me a refund, haha. Maybe it was some china copy?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account