Anybody have alot of expierience with a Batavus va?

I hate to sound desperate but I am. I have this exhaust chamber that I am fitting on to the header and I cannot figure out a good way to mount the chamber in the back. Im wondering if anyone has had some good expierience with a situation like this and can help?

I have done my research and could not come up with much and I just decided to see if I could find a somewhat "expert" on this.

any help would be great

Photo08161948.jpg

Re: Anybody have alot of expierience with a Batavus va?

Nope, I am researching the VA as well.

Theres no info about it. swear

Re: Anybody have alot of experience with a Batavus va?

fallout Survivor /

Stock pipes are attached by a rear mounting clamp, which appears to encircle the pipe, and attach to the rear near the rear axle. Drill a hole, use the axle or a preexisting hole and and fabricate a mounting clamp like the stock clamp.

And mount it on the swing arm? that would knock it loose from the header wouldnt it?

Seems like it would allow the pipe to flex along with the swing arm and eventually it would fail somewhere. However, every picture of a stock VA shows the muffler secured by a clamp mounted to an arm extending down from the axle nut or occasionally from the lower shock mount.

Later models, like mine, have a separate arm extending rearward parallel to the swing arm to which the muffler is secured. You could go this route. You would have to drill two holes roughly horizontally above the center stand mounting point on the frame and attach an arm, either flat stock or tubing with flattened ends.

Put your muffler on the pipe first to determine the angle you need for the arm then drill the holes accordingly. It would be good if you could allow some fore and aft adjustment for the silencer, because its position can affect performance and you'll want some trial and error runs to figure out its best position.

Kinda hard to see but I just used the stock mount and flipped it around without drilling or citing anything.

on a bat m48 the whole swingarm moves with the motor mount so you can mount it to the swingarm i used the lower shock bolt on mine

Not exactly, my wife has a 1980 m48 with an independent swing arm. It all depends on the year.

you sure its an m48 cause im pretty sure the m48s all mount the same way

every one i ever had did and they all came with the exhaust mounted to the swing arm the m56 was different though

Positive.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account