Reactions

♣Slew Foot♣ /

so my town just got done with its hoot-n-anne

ten days of drunks beer tents music and mayhem.

there are maybe four peeps with mopeds in the area the rest is scooterville it seems everyone is getting a scooter.

they may never know the joy and satisfaction of ripping your knuckles open durring a rainstorm trying to get X part to work to get home. any way i digress....

out of the hundred drunk comments and astonished denizens, two were worth relaying

the one drunk who really shocked me, was this guy hanging out of his car shouting and yelling at me " what the fuck asshole, what the hell do you think you are doing? i look him dead in the eye and go " it has a licence plate " drunk guy "oh ok then"

then this one floored me, usually i get the 'look a scooter' all the time, i stopped correcting peeps

three years ago its like filling the sea with sand.

this kid about 8 is freaking out mommy, mommy, look, look at that, its a MOPED!

i wanted to give the kid one, right there on the spot. the kid was so excited and he knew what it was, even though most were discountinued in the 80's 25+ years before he was born.

it kinda makes it all worth it.

Re: Reactions

that kid's awesome haha!

the first part reminds me of the other day when I was pulling out of my neighborhood mid afternoon. I was stopped at the end of my street about 80 yards infront of this guy in the distance barreling down the road my street pops out on so I resumed to slowly turn right and start climbing the hill in the shoulder. all of the sudden this asshole lays on the horn starting probably 200 feet behind me and slows to about 35. his wife and dog were in mr. tough guys car so I gave him the finger as he passed by me, then this dickwad applies his brakelights. I was so hoping he'd stop and pull over so I could give him a serious moped rights haymaker.

here's the kicker.

he was driving.... A PRIUS!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

smart cars piss me the hell off, IDK why, they just do.

they are the car industries equivilent to a moped.

i personally feel threatened by them Furthermore i i put forth the motion that MA should declare war on these abominations.

I don't care what people think of me and my bikes, but I have to say that 95% of peoples reactions have been positive. This includes the law. A group I have had issues with in my past. :) That kid is awesome! I had a funny experience with a kid, I was waiting for a school bus to unload, this little boy marched right up to me, looked the bike over and pronounces (loudly) :That looks VERY dangerous! Where is your helmet? he is the 5% I guess. If that is the worst I get I consider myself fortunate. :)

bobdobbs, I like your style, haha

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

♣J.r. Bobdobbs♣ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> smart cars piss me the hell off, IDK why, they

> just do.

Smart cars? Pppffftt. A real Smart brand car. what a joke. i have a guy that brings his stupid little Smart car to me every year for inspection. 40+ mpg. BIG DEAL. Model T's got 40mpg 95 years ago. Sure they only did 40mph but that was fast enough for not having roads to drive them on.

i've had 2 1.0L 3cylinder geo metro's that got over 40mpg that i never would have traded for a Smart car, because you can only get 2 people in the damn things. I got rid of my last metro when i finally scored on a 1981 Rabbit diesel, WITH air conditioning. 50mpg all day long and seats 4-1/2 people.

Both are 30yr+ old technology.....

Sure top speed is only around 67 mph in the Rabbit but 98% of my driving is 35mph. it's always fun to drive, with the 5spd trans, you feel like your racing with all the other cars on the road, they just don't know it. it doesn't even need cruise control, you just get on the highway and hold the pedal to the floor. it's kinda like the moped of cars :)

Where's the real smart cars at? i'm still waiting. Instead, they just crammed a bunch of electronics on everything and the engines continue to get larger and larger and when things screw up, they're too expensive to repair. Welcome to the age of disposable cars people. look through a junkyard now-a-days(if you can even find one) they look like new car lots. most of them aren't even wrecked. the repairs to fix them were just astronomical. Most don't make it to a junkyard. They get crushed, which always makes me smile when i think about it.

i've been working on cars all my life and some new technologies on cars really were good ideas, fuel injection, catalytic converters, air bags, but $600 neon 3rd brake lights, temp sensors in EVERY vent of the A/C system, headlight wipers(really?). And the way they're designed by engineers that don't even know how to use a hammer or even know how to change their own oil. They are not designed with repairs in mind.

it really is tough to watch a grown man cry when you have to tell him it's gonna cost $1100.00 to replace the alternator in his XC70 Volvo because the alternator is $600 and you have to remove the entire front of the car to get to it. i really was hoping the he'd just want to CRUSH it :)

And people wonder why i drive old cars and drink all the time!

OK, i'm done ranting and i need another beer.........

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

I've had a couple positives lately.

An old codger was eyeing the cosmo as I rolled up to Walgreens to fetch a six of Big Flats 1901. He says "That's a different looking moped"

I thanked him and he went on his way.

The other was a lady that thought it was a motorized bike of some kind and said "Oh! It still has pedals!" (???)

right back at you blaine T

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_change_starter_in_VW_touareg_V8

13+ hour job?

mopeds don't have starters for a reason.

at least noone yells "get a horse!"

Glenn Kuehn Wrote:

> right back at you blaine T

> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_change_starte

> r_in_VW_touareg_V8

> 13+ hour job?

Yeah, and the starter is probably only $799. Starter on my rabbit is $72 and takes about a half hour if you piss around, IF it'll ever need one :)

Volvo's are on the bottom of my list. Volvo vacuum door locks. ingeniously stupid Rube Goldberg shit. Small fortune to replace the pump module assembly since the pump motor is not available seperately. Suckers...

Probably the most reactions i get are the cops. they follow behind me in a 40 doing 25 and i'm riding the ruff edge of the road waiting for them to pass so i can get back on to the sweet stuff and blast it back up to 31, FOR LIKE A MILE as they run my tags, and then FINALLY pass, in total disbelief that there's actually a totally legit MOPED on the road around here. hahaha... No donuts today copper...

Occasionally I'll run into some one that actually had a moped back in the 70's or 80's and may chat a few minutes about peds and it always puts a smile on their face to see it.

i guess it would be more of a request than a reaction when some one asks if they can ride it. 4 out of the 6 guys at my work have ridden it and all have came back with big cheesy grins on their faces. One guy that didn't ride it is 6'6" 300LB and he admitted that he didn't want to break it, and the other guy i'm not so sure he could even ride a bicycle.

A Boy Named Britchez ... /

The great thing about riding an inexpensive, often unregistered, hundred pound motor vehicle, is that it the situation ever calls for it, you can just pick it up, and put it through their fucking windshield. Then you could expect a good "reaction". I dont imagine charges would be likely filed for such incident either. More of a "Oh shit, he's craZZzzzy!!!! Run for your muthafukkin lives!!!!" kinda thing.

A Boy Named Britchez ... Wrote:

> The great thing about riding an inexpensive, often

> unregistered, hundred pound motor vehicle, is that

> it the situation ever calls for it, you can just

> pick it up, and put it through their fucking

> windshield. Then you could expect a good

> "reaction". I dont imagine charges would be likely

> filed for such incident either. More of a "Oh

> shit, he's craZZzzzy!!!! Run for your muthafukkin

> lives!!!!" kinda thing.

"I peek zings oop. I poot dem down."

A Boy Named Britchez ... /

To would be prius tough guys, in my best Russian:

"I must break you."

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account