I got spark.

After getting the electrical schematics from Dan, and some other tecnical help from Ree and Ron Brown, I replaced all of the connecting clips in the electrical system and cleaned the points. It did the trick, because the result was a nice, strong blue spark.

I ran into a petcock problem, but nothing too serious. I hope to get it running soon and terrorizing battle creek any day now. Thanks to the folks who responded to the post and helped me out.

--Jake

Way to go.

Reeperette /

That brown wire issue reminds me of a little story/joke I once heard from a guy...goes like this...

===========================================

An engineer, after working for a company for many many years, finally retires.

Not too long after, he gets a phone call - one of the machines is broke and the new guy cannot for the life of him figure out what, exactly is wrong with it.

Reluctantly he agrees to come look at it.

He pokes around the machine for a few minutes, and then takes a piece of chalk and marks an X on a panel, and tells the new guy that's where the problem is.

Two days later, the company gets a bill from him.

1 Chalk Mark - $0.50

Knowing where to put it - $10,000.00

===========================================

Ah the voice of experience.....

-R

Re: Way to go.

That reminds me, where do I send your check for $10,000.00? Do you want it in cash or check? :)

--Jake

Reeperette /

Ha!, for the most part - I wouldn't even accept payment in most cases, even for on-site work.

It's my way of really stickin it to guys who charge $60/hour to make the problem worse more often than not, and mark up the parts 150%.

-R

good job jake.. and everyone that helped

Swarm and Destroy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account