I need a little help on a 1985 Gyro

Scooter Steve /

I am about to make a trade for a 1985 Honda Gyro that is in near mint condition. I have seen a couple and sold one recently that was in above average condition. My feeling is, if you find one that is better than anything you have seen before, you better grab it. My question is, how much are these bikes worth if they are in "mint" condition. ( And when I say mint, I mean just rolled off the show room floor) It is awesome. i am seeking your opinion. Is $1500 reasonable, or can I expect more or less?

Re: I need a little help on a 1985 Gyro

Probably Fred /

You are kidding right ? You got a 3 wheel scooter not legal as a moped in many states. This is moped army not scooter army .

Post your bike on Some scooter forum.

This forum is for vintage pedal mopeds.

That being said 1,500.00 way too much

Ask, Micah Moran.......

Scooter Steve /

Isn't it legal in MOST states, like almost all of them now. Its 49 cc. Just a question man. I obviously don't know as much as you do about MOPEDS...but then again, I don't act like an ass and comment on somebodys post that i supposedly dont give a flip about either. That would be weird.

fallout Survivor /

Its kind of a rare beast but if it is primo mint, $1500 might be a reasonable price.

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Moped_Laws:_Midwest

This should help with the legal questions in your area. I kinda like gyros. There's a great little place downtown that makes very tasty gyros.

Probably Fred /

It's not a moped even where you live (over 3 hp ) it's a scooter/motorcycle and is subjected to motorcycle laws/insurance and a title is needed. so your wrong 49cc doesn't mean it's a moped. I was saying nothing but truth and you call that acting like ass.

You might as well buy a used motorcycle for 1,500.00 that you can take on the freeway cause you got to have a title, motorcycle license, insurance and a helmet to legally ride a gyro

It's worth $150 noob

I like Gyro's they are soo weird right? You have the one that looks like a spree correct? I have seen them for sale for close to 1k, they take a while to sell, but they usually do. If you are buying it just to have and it is PERFECT and is registered and plated etc, I can't see offering anymore than 1k. If you are trying to sell for proffit, that is way too high. to sell it you have to find the one oddball, (with money) oddballs are notoriously broke, that must have it. It is a moped most places, but for sure check local laws and listings. If you just want to ride it if you can't pass the mc test on a gyro you have no business riding anything. Best of luck with your venture, what are you offering in trade?

--> Jason Kluczyk Presents: Jason Kluczyk /

I don't think you would have problems legally with it, if it was plated and insured. It would of been grandfathered in. You might get hassled by cops, but it would get thrown out in court cause it was legal to drive when it came out. It was DOT approved but the restrictions came out after production of the gyros...that's why they had such a short run. They are pretty neat! I've seen them go for around $700 in Chicago, running in so/so condition...so $1500 might be a little steep, but then again...if someone wants it, they might pay for it.

Hell, i would even try to work something out for it!

Probably Fred /

You can't pass a 2 wheel motorcycle test on a gyro just a 3 wheel trike license test. A gyro is a very limited vehicle

fallout Survivor /

Mr. Roff is being a bit of an ass, but it is a scooter or motorcycle in most jurisdictions.

After scanning the web, and seeing that it is only 49 cc and only goes about 35 at best, I would say 1000 dollars would be on the very high side.

800 dollars would be a guess at what someone might pay, unless you are very lucky.

Probably Fred /

I'm being even more of a ass cause technically it's a trike with not enough power (4.2hp) to even go on the freeway.

A local guy who put a china engine in a girls bicycle called me a ass and other words too when I told him it was illegal. He got a DUS while on it a day or so later breaking his probation and putting him back in jail

shut the fuck up ken you are obviously are a fucking idiot that has nothing better to do but piss off people on a moped forum

you are either the same idiot that goes by ghost rider or you love being a loser just like him

so someone posts a 3 wheel scooter on a moped forum what the fuck is it to you

if you dont like it go fucking find something better to do assholes like you dont belong here in this fine moped community where scooter people are always welcome

fallout Survivor /

I agree with Mr. Thibodeau, but I was not going to rise to the troll bait.

(it takes one to know one, refering to myself.).

Mr. Roff has some futile and misdirected anger issues. Get a life man, and this kind of trivial anger bull shit is probably worse for your own emotional, and spiritual health. It is a unhealthy trap practicing rage on anonymous people. You only pollute your own mind with the bad habit of bitching, whining and moaning.

But for Mr. Goat. Try advertising $800 firm and be happy. (edited)

Probably Fred /

Wut ?

Got no issues with people here

I'm just trying to separate the difference with facts what are mopeds .

I try to be nicer then most people here. look at every post I made I never told anybody to shut the F up.

34 years of defending what mopeds are and helping them fix them with no trolling . I'm not trying offend you and others moped jay I know your partial to scooters and motorcycles as many other people are . John well I got a life and mopeds are part of it .

If these forums were flooded with any 2 wheel motor vehicles made no one could get get help. I'm partial to lowly moped people.

There is a off topic for other motor powered things.

End of rant

You both can call me anything you want God bless both of you

I have sold a minty 1984 Gyro on Egay for $1600 many years ago before the economy took a shit. I would guess that $1500 may still be achievable but $1200-1300 seems more like a modern top end range. I highly suggest you get the Gyro if you can and just enjoy it. They go around 35mph stock and are a blast to ride. If you are trying to make money, this may not be the investment for you. Make something to sell on Etsy or some shit. When Ken tells you it doesn't have pedals, tell him to fuck off. Kens mom doesn't have pedals either and his dad must have enjoyed riding that

dont bless me with god there

i like and ride all 2 and 3 wheeled cycles

he didnt call this gyro a moped at all and you go and gad mad at him for no reason

what pisses me off more is some poor guy will post about his old honda or chinese scooter and everyone bashes the shit out of him

but on the same day someone with post about his derbi scooter and everybody will think its the greatest thing in the world

and a derbi scooter is about equal to a chinese scooter in quality

shit just got real... (edited)

Ken Roff vs. the world

fallout Survivor /

More like a 3 year old kid having a tissy fit versus his parents.

Scooter Steve /

Wow! Shit just got really real!

When we last left our program, Steve Goat was asking, what Ken Roff thought, was an idiotic question. Little did Ken know...that his douchiness would backfire and make him the the idiot.

Meanwhile, in a world of Moped helpfulness...I appreciate all the advice. I don't pretent to know a lot. I did sell a gyro I bought a month ago for 425, two weeks later for 725 and i didn't do anything to it. That 3 wheeled Mopedish Scooter Doodle got under my skin a little...I really liked it. So I have been educating my self a little on the bikes.

But that GYRO was half the condition of the one I am looking at today.

Friday, I will be trading a golf cart I bought 3 years ago for 900 bucks for the GYRO. I think its reasonable. The bike is very cool.

FYI--in Missouri a Gyro falls under the laws of the MOPED and does not require a title or any licensing to be street legal.

I bet it sucks to be wrong AND douchey AND having to hear your mom gripe at you about you leaving your wrenches in the kitchen sink.

ive had 2. one was titled as a motorcycle in iowa cause it went faster than 30. the other came from vegas and had no title. but they were a blast to ride in the snow.

gyros are fun stupid little bikes i have never owned one but my friend has one and i ride it all the time its great doing donuts on it and other stupid stuff

srsly, wtf is this roffman? OP don't let his post count fool you, he may act like he knows everything about mopeds, but he's only been around for a couple of years. How the fuck do you make 6k+ posts in under two years anyway is beyond me, maybe he should try getting up on the right side of the bed and get a life. there's been talk of gyro's on here since long before you crawled out of whatever cave he came from. (edited)

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Scooter Steve /

Here's a couple of Pics of my new "MOPED" like vehicle. Im looking for feedback on possible value. I have been driving it. ITS BADASS!! And freaking fast. thanks for your insight.

The Goat

100_0532.JPG
100_0521.JPG
100_0522.JPG

Scooter Steve /

A few more pcs.

100_0524.JPG
100_0525.JPG
100_0530.JPG
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account