how fast will a 89 Suzuki fa50 go stock?

title says it all

Re: how fast will a 89 Suzuki fa50 go stock?

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

28.314 miles per hour

do you know where i can gets mods

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Not I.

I had a couple FA50s during the 80s.

All stock.

treats sells a 44mm cylinder, a simo pipe, and bigger mikuni carb. With the right intake, and port matching you could BLASTTTTT. But be weary, the short wheel base, small wheels, and non-braced frame is a death trap at those speeds. Also, if you do this you have to disable the oil injection, or your shit wilol go KABLAMO

oh to answer your question, it depends on the stock cylinder you have. they come in 2 transfer and 3 transfer cylinders. the 2 transfer is the 25ish mph version and the 3 transfer is the 35ish mph version.

27mph.

I have a stock 84 fa50 and it will do 28-29 mph on flat ground at 90% throttle...I'm guessing I could get 30-31, but it stumbles a little at WOT, so I'm guessing the carb is a bit dirty...

how do I know if my fa50 has 2 or 3 transfers??

You take the cylinder off and count the transfers.

can you tell without taking it off? might screw it up trying to put back on. is there a noticable power different with more transfers? would the exhaust port where the muffler bolts up be wider in diameter?

it will go so fast you can keep up with even the fastest turtles. On a serious by MA state law a moped can not go over 30 mph and can not be over 50cc's. yeah only know my state law. I break it everyday.

Zeke Rigg /

it's easy how fast does yours go? if you answer any thing around or less than 25 you have a 2 transfer one. the three transfers generally go 27mph stock with dirty air filters and to much oil coming in from the pump.

o and search we have covered most performance stuff a lot. any one who says fa 50s suck, just trash their opinion cuz they never could get theirs to go fast.

read reviews of the simo before you get it actually reading up on any part your going to get is a good idea but especially things like the simo.

ok so the 3 transfer is really more like 27mph....mine is completely stock with a brand new air filter....and does around 28-29 mph on flat ground and I weigh 190lbs....must be the 3 then! woot!

Do a wheelie

oh nooo.... she's far too special to me for that. kinda wish it was yellow instead of read though.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account