What sort of modification is dis

It looks they are opening the transfers, grinding down the cylinder skirt then matching the piston skirt to it, and opening the flow path from the carb. has anyone done anything like this to their case inducted moby?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=457869277577990

Re: What sort of modification is dis

I'm sure many people have. Nothing they're doing there is particularly radical; they're just using strange tools to do it.

I've machined third transfers in to e50's and M1's as well.

Salsa Salsa /

I think you modified the word "this" by taking out the "T" and "H" and replacing them with a "D" to form the modified word "dis"

yeah its not that radical but I haven't seen anyone do this yet. It seems like it would be a big payoff for performance. I just figured something like this would be more popular on here. Considering it isn't much just a lot of grinding.

I've seen the 3rd E50 transfers done.

I thought of doing what they did in the video to my hobbit case and polini. I opened up the flow path from the carb and added JB Steel under the reeds (temporarily that shit will blow out in time). But things like grinding the cylinder skirt and piston to match I didn't. The reason being is that I thought if you take material off one side of the piston you need to take off material from the other side so that the pistons weight is even on both sides. I don't know though I'm not a experienced mechanic.

What they did is a fairly typical mod for a 3 transfer Peugeot. I've never seen it done with a 6" angle grinder though, those guys are pretty good. Basically they trimmed the case and piston so the flow from the reed into the transfers ( the 3rd transfer in particular) is less obstructed. In the process though you increase the case volume by a pretty large amount. I suppose a stuffed crank might make up for it though.

Yes there is a lot more room in there after all their work a stuffed crank would probably be a need.

but what about what they did to the skirts and piston thats safe?

Salsa Salsa /

I cant view on my,phone. Someone want to post a photo?

I can't view it either corn. We not cool enough

MAize here are photos from the video.

The are going to need to replace those bearings LOL.

Salsa Salsa /

Haha. That's fucking awesome. I have never used an angle grinder like that.

lol yeah I don't trust myself but it sure as hell must speed things up!

Salsa Salsa /

would that be beneficial on all cylinders with that transfer? how brittle does it make those two fangs on the cylinder?

what if you just cut the whole thing off?

After about a year with a dremel I did this with an angle grinder on a stock hobbit jug. barely slipped and fucked up that mating surface around the transfer. be careful!

they fudged the case bolt gasket between the intake and cylinder, guess they were in a hurry.

i used a cut off wheel to rough out my DR third transfers, then finished with files, no big deal.

also smoothed the path from intake to transfers, just nowhere as drasticlly as these professionals.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account