made me a trike today

pick up a trike rear end yesterday and bolted it up to a maxi today

IMG_1053.JPG
IMG_1055.JPG

Re: made me a trike today

Does it accelerate about the same and whats the top speed?

well is has a kick start e50 with the blkblk kit and a 24mm oko so yea, it goes like a bastard!!! currently running, 16/45 no clue on a top speed

Oh man, we need video of this thing ripping past the camera and doing circles.

how does the rear work? does it have a differential? i'll cry if it's a 1 wheel drive trike.

John Burnette /

dude thats sick bro! now you can haul alota ass! or one big one

That is cool, I sat on Shelly's, (the trike) and it felt pretty stable, hers has a diff, she also has one without, with live axle me thinks? That one would be scary. These are super cool machines. I would like one, except I found out how diminutive they are. They look larger in pics than they really are. When she gets the engine on it I want to get back up there to ride it, not many of these around. Is it hard to get used to riding?

Chris Driscoll /

Looks cool. You could totally Ben Hur that shit! I hope you know about that movie haha.

Chain looks kinda droopy. How hard is it to get tension on it? I see the shocks mount to the frame of the trike, but did you utilize the existing tensioner spots on the swing arm?

Look at the rear end, ghetto as fuck. Shocks...everything is not cool

Ghetto rides though, it is rolling. How many have you seen rideable? Fastest I got Shellys is about 4mph down the driveway, (no engine), much to the amusement of her dog, he supposedly likes to ride in the basket. Dog likes me anyway, as I has treats! These bikes are cool, to have one that could keep up with traffic would be amazing, I think the kind with a diff is the only safe kind. Half the fun of mopeds is rolling something nobody has seen, trikes are even weirder than mopeds, so tripple the fun? Plus cargo capacity. Never seen a Motobecane trike, anyone? I would hate to cut up a moby, but the have the best frames.

Mine has a differential that only causes one wheel to spin. The Batavus sucked so now it's got a minarelli, ahitty techno bullet pipe a brn50 kit and a 15 dellorto. It was riding pretty fast until the axle snapped ont he drive side. These are still mopeds and ghetto cheap was how they were made. At least the Italian rear ends were designed for bikes, they're an entire bolt up swing arm, quite a bit better design if you ask me....except for the hollow drive shaft that snapped. Imagine that happening at 40mph. These things don't turn for shit either. I'll race a quater or half mile drag once if fix this, but going fast is stupid on these things, gear for low end taco cart and start a fiesta!

yes the chain is droopy, i haven't fully adjusted the rear end, just got it together enough to ride it around.

and yes it does look ghetto but the ride is real solid, horrible turning though.

i will post more pics as it gets cleaned up

oh and yes it does have a differential, and only one wheel spins

Chris Larson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> oh and yes it does have a differential, and only

> one wheel spins

That sucks

KcKev, does the left rear wheel leaning help it turn better?

i had a nice pryer for 2 years. any turn above 5 mph and i felt as tho i'd flip it.

mine had 16in wheels so it was tiny and i felt extremely top heavy.

i sold it to chad along with 3 sachs and a grande.

Correction, Both wheels spin

Kc Kev Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

nice camber!

Put about 15 miles on it today, regeared to 17/45 and it easily goes over 40 but sketchy as hell

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account