gas problems

Ive got a gas problem ok today i filled up my tank and left my house with my moped and when i got to friends house nothing wrong on the way over with the engine but when i parked it up on the kickstand and went in came back out and smelled gas badly so i took it off the kickstand and there was a puddle of gas and when i brought it back to my house the same thing except the puddle was huge and it was in my driveway and i watched it drip from the exaust the header is black with smoke and gas i dont know how because its all the way on the engine but im hopeing that there is something that i can do to help this problem becase im not putting it in my shed because the gas smell will never never come out

Re: gas problems

Ron Brown /

Andrew,

You most likely have a bad or sticky float, float needle or needle seat in your carb. You need to take the carb off and clean and check it.

Ron

i forgot to mention that my fuel switch dont work the shut off valve but its still never done this before even with no muffler but ill check the carb

I think it depends on where your piston ends up stopping . if it stops at the top it cuts off the gas flow, but if it stops at the bottom it opens a path to the exhaust port. Get your tap fixed and stop the gas flow before it gets to the engine. Let's see what Ron has to say. bruce

Ron Brown /

Bruce,

The gas actually goes into the crankcase, if there was enough in there to flow out the exhaust, I think you would be in bigger trouble. However, if the cylinder is horizontal, gas could be wicking around the piston.

In any case, a working petcock and float valve is the solution.

Ron

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account