My project has begun!

I just scored this Hobbit frame to start my cafe build using a ZA50 motor. Now all i need to do is find which swing arm to use...

Hobbit Frame.JPG

Re: My project has begun!

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

That seems like a lot of extra work.

But hey, go for it!

nothing like a full on custom build. All I need is a MAGNUM Swing arm, engine bracket and top tube made. Everything else "should" be easy...haha

Salsa Salsa /

What tank?

You also need to set up a pivot for the Magnum swing arm, hack off the Hobbit engine mount, and then build some mounts for the ZA...

...If you had a Magnum frame just laying around, you could hack them off and it would include the pivot mount for the swingarm, but if you had a mag frame, you wouldnt need the Hobbit frame.

not sure... ideally a General 5 Star if I can find one in great condition at a good price

Beard Road Bruiser Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You also need to set up a pivot for the Magnum

> swing arm, hack off the Hobbit engine mount, and

> then build some mounts for the ZA...

>

> ...If you had a Magnum frame just laying around,

> you could hack them off and it would include the

> pivot mount for the swingarm, but if you had a mag

> frame, you wouldnt need the Hobbit frame.

agreed. I bought the Hobbit as it was cheap, rust free, straight, and a good starting point.

Russell Huddy /

Way easier to find a pinto or free spirit frame and you'd have better fork options

Why wouldn't you just build a PA50ii motor?

CUSTUM!!!

But seriosly. You should just build a PA50ii and score the subframe off treats. Good to go.

Why not use the honda motor? Variated > 2 speed auto.

⟴Funke Net Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why not use the honda motor? Variated > 2 speed

> auto.

one thing I don't like about the Hobbit is it's swing arm (ugly). on the note of frame talk.. what forks will fit this frame?

K10 forks would be an affordable option although there might be better forks if you plan to run a front disc brake. If you're going to make it a fast bike don't run a magnum swing arm, get one that mounts normally and then you can mount it on some nice bearings or bushings instead of that wobbly puch rubber mount.

I just put k10's on my hobbit frame. They weren't too hard to fit. The stock hobbit forks are pretty damn good. Moby EBR's will fit as well.

Greg good point.. which swing arm would you suggest? I was looking at the Peugeot Malossi racing swing arm, but not sure it will work...

is that one of those 25$ ones from ebay?

Since you are going to be building the bottom part of the frame you could basically use almost any swing arm. You would probably want to figure out what wheels you were going to use beforehand though.

Grey again with the good advice. I'll most likely be going with 17"

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account