to keep spares or not?

Is it better to keep a stash of spare parts for your moped or to just order it when it's needed?

Re: to keep spares or not?

Depends on how much you use your moped. If need it for primary transportation everyday, spares make sense.

If you only ride in for recreation just get a spare spark plug or two and a small tool kit with a spark plug wrench.

Also maybe some tail light bulbs and a small container to carry some 2 cycle motor oil, in case you have to gas up on the road.

A mobile phone is a good accessory also in case you get stuck and need someone to rescue you. You can also talk on it while you ride to impress all the SUV drivers who are doing the same thing when they run you off the road.

Ron Brown /

Zippy,

Don't forget the puncture repair kit.

Ron

Yep, forgot that. I never have had a flat on the road with any of my peds, but if I did I would had remembered to add that one.

Thanks Ron

Oh yeah we also forgot the Bread Bags for self defense. :)

hmm... be sure to take out the warm loafs before using them though.. nothing worse then squessed bread.

Ron Brown /

Zippy,

I must be lucky, I have had several.

BTW, the kit is not much good without an air supply. I have a hand pump, but I think Don O had a source for a CO2 inflator using BB gun cartridges.

Ron

http://cambriabike.com/pumps/pumps.htm That's where I ordered my CO2 inflator from.Really works well for topping up tires out on the road.They're only 6.00 and they come with a CO2 cyl.also.I would recommend them since they're so light and don't take up any space to speak of.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account