Vespa Ciao Variator?

Trying to order a drive belt for my 1981 Vespa Ciao. I just don't know if I have a variator on the back. The pully on the back is about 3 3\4" this means I do not have a variator right? I do not have anything back there that looks like a clutch. Just a pully that is a little forward of the axle

Re: Vespa Ciao Variator?

your ciao is not variated

Hey Keith!

go fuck yourself.

Bob Uhl "(OFMC)" /

You can take the old belt to Napa or whatever auto parts store near you and they"ll match your belt with a new one. Not usually exspensive and not hard to replace. I love those Ciaos!!!

Get a toothed belt though^

Yes this ciao is very cool, but in adition to the belt I need to change the back tire looks like I need to just disconnect the break cable then take out the four gold in color bolts looks like they are 16 17 or 18 MM. Anyone know for sure. Also clean out the gas tank probably use muratic accid.

17mm i think. drill a hole or 2 in each clutch shoe in the same place(s) on each one. you will like what happens.

Wouldn't I have to take the clutch off to do this, and would I be drilling into the chalky asbestous junk?

To late already got the one from treatland unless theirs is tooth

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account