Jawa Build

Hey guys I'm trying to fix up my Jawa Transistor 40 but have no idea where the choke attaches. I bought the moped basically naked no wires. Does it go on the carb or engine?

Re: Jawa Build

search the wiki

daaaaang. thought there was going to be pics.

I did search the wiki and couldn't find it. that's why I posted the question. So if you or anyone you know has the answer it would be greatly appreciated. Also I called it the wrong thing. The manual calls it the "decompressor lever" also not in the wiki. I feel like it goes on the coil under the spark plug but the coil on my ped is really stubborn...

can do. hang tight.

here's the pics

photo.JPG
photo (1).JPG
photo (2).JPG

...and one more

photo (3).JPG

There is no choke cable its the metal push rod on the side of the air intake

I think....... tell me how it works out

The air intake on the carb? I don't follow. I'm quite new to fixing these things.

It attaches to the decomp lever on the head

fallout Survivor /

go to www.jawamoped.com

get the service manual for the Babetta model 28 . (same engine and basics)

Get the owners manual for the Babetta model 207.

Get the parts list for the 28.

RTFMs first.

You are missing the air box that goes over the carb.

The cable attaches to the decomp valve.

you push the metal push rod on the carb to active the chock.

Note on that bike you do not really need the decomp valve to start the bike,

but it is handy to turn off the motor.. I dont remember there being a kill switch. (edited)

Is the air box an air filter or is it a special part?

fallout Survivor /

Look on the parts list ..

It is a black plastic cover that muffles the carb noise. There is a tube that rises up into the frame. No filter on this unit. held in place by two long thin metric screws.

Look at pic #3 the little rod sticking out from the carb

"Suction Branch"

fallout Survivor /

They call it a "suction Branch" in the 207 spare parts book. Bad translation.

See the picture just above the exhaust silencer.

. (edited)

Can I make a "suction branch?" I'm having a hard time finding the piece online and there are no 'ped shops in PGH.

you don't need that at all. decomp is pretty worthless, the airbox is also not too important. you can also easily modify on a SHA carb for probably around the same price (at least if you get a clone one) as finding an OG airbox. also I'm pretty sure the stock mini airboxes that came on italian bikes with SHA's (cimatti, garelli, etc) fit on those jikovs.

Also also i might have one of those airboxes but i'll have to look. i got some random jawa stuff.

or yea you could make one, tube or hose or somethin simple, or just ignore it, whatever.

These are not fussy bikes. They were made to withstand the punishment of Eastern European roads, after all.

If you can't get the Jikov carb to work right, you can always adapt a Minarelli or Puch fuel system to it for a significant performance increase.

Study the electrical schematics carefully when rewiring it The system is pretty simple, overall, but the ignition in particular needs to be correct. Jawas, in my experience are one of the easier bikes to work on.

I finally tried to fire it up today and it feels like it gets harder to peddle as time progresses. (for all 45 seconds that I was peddling) how do I remedy this?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account