QT intake with Vm18

Hi guys, I'm trying to get a little performance out of my QT. I orderded a big bore kit, carb, reeds, clutch springs, gearing, etc. I got the vm18 in the mail today, and it's not going to bolt directly up to the intake. 1st, is anyone making a larger intake for the qt? I did some searching and saw that someone was working on something, but I can't seem to find anything for sale. 2nd, if there isn't how is everyone modifying their intake to use the vm18. thanks for the help.

Re: QT intake with Vm18

Which vm18 did you buy the bolt on or clamp on? The clamp on fits just fine all ya need is a new shim where the carb and intake meet. Hollow out your stock intake and polish it up nice it will work fine or made a custom one out of some spare handle bars. devin @ mlm may customary an intake for ya if you ask nicely but I guarantee it will be pricey. Are you using stock reed cage ?

haha, i had a feeling i should have just emailed you before posting. I purchased the bolt on one. I figured it would be a new shim, but I wasn't sure. I still have the stock reed cage, but I picked up the boyesen reeds. I was thinking about possibly picking up another and opening it up a little bit, along with the intake, but I'm not sure what the effects would be.

I have a shim at the house I believe that would work for ya. But, for qt50 style intakes ya need this vm18: https://www.treatland.tv/mikuni-vm-18mm-p/mikuni-18mm-vm-round-slide.htm

whoops, i misspoke. I did purchase the clamp on carb. I'll shoot ya an emial.

U just need the appropriate shim for whatever intake you make or use.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account