Replacing 103 seal without disassembly?

Found an air leak from the magneto side of my 103 crankshaft seal, but didn't have my puller to get the flywheel off. Anyone know if you can replace that seal without pulling the cases apart?

Re: Replacing 103 seal without disassembly?

Ignition side, maybe but probably not. Do it up right and replace all that shit.

If I have to pull the cases apart I'll probably just buy the teknix cases with bearings and seals already installed.

Just so ya know. Those suck ass. The cases are decent but not great, the bearings are shit. I have a teknix case set if you want it. I lost the case bolts though. The cylinder studs would not fit the gila 70 I had either.

I will have a sweet set of welded stock cases matched to the gila 70cc with FAG bearings and seals installed + a malossi 4 petal reed block with 19mm phbg intake set up for sale soon. Just add your crank, kit, & carb to blast.

Hmmmmmm.

To answer the question... No. the variator side can be replaced without disassembly but the magneto side can't. Here's a picture of my bad seal...

† CH∆D † /

Thanks!

Aaron is correct. the teknix case is fine and easy to work with but the bearings are bad. Of all the cases Ive got, the bearings are always clunky. I just FAG bearings, never had an issue with them. Also the case bolts and nuts that come with these cases SUCK! I have stripped at least 5 bolts with only 6 ft/lbs. Put some Grade 8 bolts on it if you go this route.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account