Bench top motor stand for AV7 (prototype)

Ok, it took me a little longer to figure this out than i thought. I'm not a man who doesn't admit his faults, were all human. Although this may look like a good stand it has a major flaw. I took my exhaust off two days ago to put it in my parts washer to soak. When i was building this stand, my main concern was being able to remove the flywheel, remove the clutch and use the starting tool i made for the flywheel. The whole time i was "Mocking Up" the stand, i didn't have the exhaust on it.... I need to reconfigure the mount where the spring would be so my exhaust will fit on it. I did take into consideration the height for the exhaust. I have clearance. By the time i got to the lower rear mount, i was forearm deep in a dirty 30. This was made from left over steel i had from a couple projects. I plan to take the hour to fix it and i will be in business. THEN i will fire it up on it. I will have a video in a day or two. I'm musky fishing tomorrow so no tools will be touched.

AV 7 motor stand.jpg
motor stand AV7.jpg

Re: Bench top motor stand for AV7 (prototype)

before i mounted the coil.. the holes are there tho.

0801122027.jpg

bump.

cool! I like it. seems simple enough. you should drill some holes and mount the whole structure, because vibration.

Mount motor, mount pulley, then you can test variation, with other pulleys and cylinder setups. and belt lengths....

Salsa Salsa /

That thing sucks. It no glory hole 9000. Keith Bright makes the best ones. You should ask him for advice on how to make your bette or prolly just kill yourself.

Excellent setup!

Salsa Salsa /

could you drive electric motor on the back with a variable load on it? the electric motor would act as a generator and with changing the load, say 10 light bulbs on a dimmer switch, you could increase or decrease the load on the engine and test the engine under load. and than you could load those light bulbs and light up your work space and blow a loud load over your laundry while laughing and lounging on a lazy river.

Christian Giron /

lol at bumping when no one responded.

nice work though. looks good.

Ron Chappell /

That is a very nice job indeed!

(Casserollers) ∴ Μ Λ Ι Ζ Σ ∴ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> could you drive electric motor on the back with a

> variable load on it? the electric motor would act

> as a generator and with changing the load, say 10

> light bulbs on a dimmer switch, you could increase

> or decrease the load on the engine and test the

> engine under load. and than you could load those

> light bulbs and light up your work space and blow

> a loud load over your laundry while laughing and

> lounging on a lazy river.

Why not just make an engine dyno?

Engine dyno not out of question...lol .. I do plan to do the electric motor idea for variater tuning if it will work. I just love to fabricate. thanks for the compliments and thanks for the jokes. Hey, I'm having fun and that's what its all about.

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

Very Nice, but ya I'd try rigging up a pulley and an electric motor, or just an electric motor with a pulley on it. You can use it to start the engine and then once it's running you can turn it off and it becomes a load

You could get a squirrel cage fan and run it belt drive off the engine. Then it can be used to provide a load, and cool the engine. Engine cooling will be very important if you plant to run it for more than a minute or two.

Excellent feedback! I like the fan idea. I could even mount a pulley to a blender and make frozen alcohol drinks for the chicks in the shop.. it would be pulley frenzye !!! and someone will be certain to get laid. !!!! :)

Very cool idea, I would bolt it down though. Looks good!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account