Can someone identify this ped?

this is in a CL post . I have talked to the guy and back when i did, he wouldnt seperate any peds from the sale. He has four. One runner, two complete and this one. It looks like it may have a motor i am interested in. I'm not sure. I checked the photo gallery and i couldn't find any pics of what he called it. He called it a 1980 Soclete. Can anyone give me an idea to what it is? If indeed it is a Soclete? Who manufactured it? Yes im a noob but it loks like that is an AV7 or possibly 10 on there..

Soclete.jpg

Re: Can someone identify this ped?

Looks about like a Peugeot 102, from 1980.

Andrew Squiggman /

So dusty, what percent of your posts are you bumping crigslist ads?

I'm not quite sure what you mean Andy. I have posted a few (what i found interesting) CL ads and thought i would help someone find a ped. I didn't realize that was frowned upon. If were keeping stats, i would say about 25% so far. But this one I have personal interest in. I thought it would be a decent motor and frame to "Rat Out"... Just don't know much about it, and i figured if i contact the guy again and inquire about the shittiest ped in the lot... he might let it go for pennies on the dollar. Thats all man. I'm not trying to be a nuisance to your form man. Just trying to participate in the MA community. That's all

First you heard about the swearing in the posts, 10 and yer out...banned.

You are up to 2, I may add.

CL posting in here, If it's not a retarded ad, just post the pic.....

After 15 CL postings of something you don't own, you get a 5 year ban on asking any 'what's this?' questions... .. . ..

you got like 6 left. bUDDY.

I guess i didn't read the fine print when i signed up for MA. Where are the "Commandments" to the MA forum? I would like to read them. Furthermore, people want to call me out for posting moped related stuff? If i were to post about the wet sprayfart that snuck up on me because of too many drafts at the pub... i'm sure it would be a hit. Shit..... (make that 3)... I can see there is a bit of Mutiny here in MA... as if there is a hidden "Militia" within, and all the "Militia" members throw darts and stones at people like myself and have the total protection of the "Army"... what a joke. I have a ped to build.. and a ton of parst just landed on my doorstep. I'm heading to my shop and gonna get productive... goooood daaaaay...

Did you get your AV7 yet...

John Joedicke /

Screw you

I can say this about the MA. some members have been helpful and then some of the same members have been pole smokers. I guess i should have took the hint in the begining when many told me about mabecanemobylette. Kinda to say, "Hey dusty, most of us are dic holes and if you REALLY want help on your moby build, save yourself some headache, and find yourself THERE not HERE." I have never been one to take a hint. my head is too thick. But i can say this My ped will be built. I will give credit where credit is due and i will not back down from anyone now or ever. Put that in your bong and puff , puff, and be sure to pass it around....

Dusty Rim Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I guess i didn't read the fine print when i signed

> up for MA. Where are the "Commandments" to the MA

> forum? I would like to read them. Furthermore,

> people want to call me out for posting moped

> related stuff? If i were to post about the wet

> sprayfart that snuck up on me because of too many

> drafts at the pub... i'm sure it would be a hit.

> Shit..... (make that 3)... I can see there is a

> bit of Mutiny here in MA... as if there is a

> hidden "Militia" within, and all the "Militia"

> members throw darts and stones at people like

> myself and have the total protection of the

> "Army"... what a joke. I have a ped to build.. and

> a ton of parst just landed on my doorstep. I'm

> heading to my shop and gonna get productive...

> goooood daaaaay...

no there are ways to survive MA without looking like a jackass. Before asking a question ask it to yourself and see if it sounds like a stupid question. Before submitting a post make sure you spelled things correctly and actually used this little guys . , ! ? Lastly don't take everything everyone says here personally EVERYONE gets shit about something on here.

yeah i have had the AV7 i have tore it down for inspection (and it's clean as a whistle) and now im gonna fire it up on my bench today. I have done a ton of stuff to my ped in the last week. I just don't feel like wasting my time sharing it with most of the members because (here we go with stats again) 85% of the members i have encountered would not appreciate the work anyway. You didn't see the video i posted about the custom clutch tool i made to turn it over on my bench? I got a motor and TWO boxes of small parts in which i was told by a highly reputable moby guy that i found a treasure chest of cool moby parts. Hell it came with a brand new Dellorto carb and a complete CDI conversion kit plus much much more. Once again i didn't share this with MA because it would be as much of a waste of time as me even writting this post... So instead, i resort to posting CL adds hoping someone might find that ped they might have missed out on otherwise. That's all i got for ya man.. I'm gonna go to my happy place and jam some fuckin metal and get boozed up and greasy... Enjoy your day man!

That's the stuff you post...

Use the 15mm del, and if you can handle it, the CDI....wiring is easy.

You're gonna start in on the bench, show that vid.

run a hi-comp head, a stock one shaved with that dellorto, improves low end loss from going bigger in carb....

This is intense

here is ONE of the parts i got today NOS complete forks Exact match on the paint.. after this i AM going to make a video of me firing it up on the bench. I'm not gonna flat out, balls out run it, just let it burp a little until i make my stand for the motor. I just want to hear it sputter a little and i will smile. And all this MA nonsence will be out of my head.

0801121216.jpg

Yeah and it's all your fault Caleb..... Just kidding dude, your cool. Or at least you have been cool to me man. Thanks. Hope i didn't just ruin your rep by saying that you have been cool to me.

the nonsense is good..

see, we take things that people don't take serious, serious here.

Mopeds..

Anything else, we don't take serious.

you shouldn't either.

Anything i do in life i take serious... and now Mopeds are one of those things.

Deezy .... thanks for your feedback, sorry I got distracted and didn't thank you sooner.

Well, my motor stand is almost complete. its gonna be rigid for now. When I get my hands on an extra spring mount I will make it work with a variater And allow the motor to move in the stand. I'll post a pic when I get the motor on it , in a new thread tho.

Hey dusty, ask him for a deal bundled with the running maxi, maybe we can talk him down.

I already went for the Maxi, He wanted 500 for it.. I think i would have better luck going for the poopy ped... that i can polish into a turd..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account