newbie looking for help

charles (cape cod) /

Hello, was hoping i could find some help regarding getting parts for my moped. Its a 1985 garelli. It was my wifes when she was a kid. Its been sitting for 20 years and i finally got it running yesterday. I would like my kids to be able to enjoy it. It needs a clutch cable (missing completely). the right pedal arm is stripped at the pedal so i could either weld a new pedal on it or get a new pedal and arm. i also need a new brass fitting that screws into the spark plug wire that the spark plug connects to. i broke it on accident. I would like to know some contact info for reputable part suppliers. maybe even someone that would answer tech questions. I will take a picture later today and see is i can somehow add it to this post. The moped was put in storage after the bike was crashed and the pedal and cable broke. it has 1400 original miles on it. does not smoke at all and we are very excited to add this bike to our garage. Alot of the chrome has surface rust and would like any suggestion of cleaning it up... thank you so much for any help you may offer. charles. (cape cod)

Re: newbie looking for help

Christian Giron /

www.treatland.tv

www.1977mopeds.com

these two sites will be your new best friends for parts. I personally use treatland but 1977 hasn't failed me either when I bought from them.

charles (cape cod) /

thank you so much. will give it a try and keep you posted.

Steel wool for the surface rust

Christian Giron /

oh and if they dont have parts there, check out the buy/sell forums here. maybe post something saying WTB: garelli fenders/chains/whatever and someone will sell you the part

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account