New Mopeds?

I always thought they stopped making mopeds a long time ago...like the 90s. But just now I was looking on craigslist and found a 2007 Tomos. What year did companies stop making mopeds? Or do they still make them?

Re: New Mopeds?

Take it easy on him, guys. He's 14 years old.

Ben...Tomos still makes mopeds and a few other companies around the world still make them, too. Peugeot is another....

tomos and lazer still make them. Most people do not like them because they look kinda ugly and they have lots of plastics and things on them.

If you live in the US, Tomos is definitely the way to go. Perhaps Peugeot? They got a nice variated model for 950 euro I should be able to get around my area if I looked hard enough (I got a used Tomos, even here I know where their dealers are). My guess is that a Peugeot moped dealer is as scarce in the US today as a Fiat dealer was when I owned my Fiat 850 Spyder in the late 70's.

For the record, Peugeot has one of the coolest cars I have seen around here.

http://www.musclecarwallpaper.org/Exotic-Car-Wallpaper/1106.html

Enjoy.

That is nice, kinda reminds me of a tt.

Christian Giron /

Yeah Tomos is in the US

MBK (formerly motobecane, but was bought out by yamaha) makes them in europe.

Christian Giron /

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Another kinda recently produced is the Kinetic and a Garelli clone, the Avanti (rebadged as a Cosmo also), all three made in India.

2001 Cosmo "Stinger" shown in the attached

Edit: The new Tomos look beautiful, like this one (edited)

Honda passport, Cosmo, Whizzer 006.JPG
Moped Rally 002.JPG

In the US your current options are Tomos, Velosolex, and Laser. You may also find some places selling old stock 2003 model Kinetics. Several other brands are still making mopeds, they just aren't imported to the US.

LOL "a long time ago like the 90's"

John Warren IhazJawas /

Michael Hoeger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> LOL "a long time ago like the 90's"

his profile claims hes 14 so thats like forever ago when the cave men ruled the world lol

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account