505a1 sachs engine

Art rollin Paper plains!! And Bending Corner!! /

ok i have a 80 sachs hercules so i got this 505a1 engine and motor mounts dont match!!!!!!!!!! do i have to modify??????????????? it looks like it had the engine without the crank on engine ! so now what should i do????????????? should i do some cutting and welding? help asap

Re: 505a1 sachs engine

Downjet to 0.

huh????????????

Measure it up and make sure it does line up. If not and you want it to fit then drill holes, making brackets, etc.

I'm a noob so don't quote me on this... But it sounds like your ped originally had a 504 series engine on it (pedal shaft separate from case) so the 505 definitely will NOT line up. I realized the same issue with mine...was going to swap engines then realized it wouldn't fit at all.

Yeah, but anything can fit if you're crafty and got the time.

ok i work at weld shop so doin some cutting and welding is no issue ..... but which of the two is better? or what engine would you put in her??

A sachs.

" A sachs" ? the original or mod it to fit the 505 or put 504 back on??? which is better???

bare with me pls anewbie thanks for your guys time

505/1A definitely. miles better than any 504

so make the 5051a fit??? i thank you guys for the time!!:} can you tell me why its better just was wondering??? and you say miles better?? oncw again thanks!!!

Go with the 505. Or maybe a minarelli seeing as you'll be cutting up the mounts anyway. But the all depends what you want out of your ped? The 505 in stock form properly tuned is a very nice ride. The V1 min is a tad expensive but is a beast.

A 3rd option is pick up a 504 so it mounts right up. Then swap out the cylinder for either 505 one then toss on some basic mods. Tuned right yo,u should net about 35+ mph (or so I'm told). Basically high flow filter, up jet, bore the cylinder, and looooots of nitrous!!!!!! ...jk jk jk! Don't do that last part haha.

Browse through the wiki... Lots of articles on there that will definitely help you out. Also, just to confirm this ped style of yours post a pic of the mounts and pedal assy area.

i will post picturs tomorrow after work its dark already , but you right the bike had a 504 after doin some research , but was told like you if had choice between 505 or 504 they said 505 and it would fit!! so i will take bike to work and start having fun cutting and welding! but give one more tryin finding the 504 but worst senerio i make 505 fit!!! nitrous would be sweet!!! i also have a 78 freespirit just pick up for 30 bucks needs both chains but they asked me what pich or something like that would you know whatsize is the chains?

Treats currently has a 504. https://www.treatland.tv/USED-sachs-504-1-speed-moped-engine-p/sachs-engine.htm ...but heck, I'd say just toss on that 505. As you already have it.

i was just looking at that and if not mistaking they are in s.f? ok i think thats what am planning to do aint much to do to make the 505 as when it came in mail i was happy first thing i did was trying to put on ! thanks for the info!!!!!!!!! will mod tomorrow if not friday and will post up pics!

ohmy.

" oh my " whats that mean>????

Christian Giron /

For every extra question mark you use, a moped dies.

You just killed a lot of mopeds.

COUGH COUGH bang bang !! u dead!!!

ohmy mean why would you try to make mounts to put a 505 on a 504 frame. that's ridiculous. if you're gonna make mounts make em for a motor that rocks, not a sachs. e50 for example. (https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,930888,930992)

or get the right motor because it's identical performance-wise.

long story short: sell the 505 to someone wh0 needs a 505. get a 504 because you need a 504. or if you wanna do the work to make mounts make it something interesting.

What would be worth it then?

i would mount an e50, kit it & forget it.

Where can I gget one ? Or qeustion is what mmodeel does it come off?

this shit can't be real.

Its real! as real as your my wifes tits!

I have a 78 free spirit. What size Engine that have?

fml.

See swoop if you would have answeered this topic before I got this damn engine and as you can see from the fEed back this was the way to go I was considering to put original back on but from what it seemed it was gonna bee easy! But I have to damn near cut off whole mount and weld new one ! I went a lil over my head! Fml doesn't really help me much!

so you already cut the mounts off?

WillD SWOOP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> so you already cut the mounts off?

He's saying in order to fit the 505 he'd need to cut the whole mount area off and refab new ones

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account