looking at a running to buy. what ya think?

Ok, i have come to the realization (as i have on other Hobbies) that my solex is fun but with no suspension, i don't want to beat the piss out of it. And my moby i bought is gonna really take ALOT more attention and time due to the fact i need a motor. So i am gonna get a running ped with shocks just to enjoy for the rest of the year. I found a CL listing for a 85 Liberty Trac 2 speed moped... original owner,owners manual, and runs. asking 300 .

Of course im gonna offer less and play the game but all in all what are your thoughts. i know the pic sucks but that is what was offered.

Liberty trac 2 speed.jpg

Re: looking at a running to buy. what ya think?

I'd recommend sticking with the motobecane and forget about the trac. It's no problem to find a motobecane motor. You can even buy the parts to build a whole new motor bolt by bolt!

Grey, it's no secret what i paid for the moby, and it is in good shape. I have set up a pay pal account ready to go. How much do you personally think i should have to spend if i did built a fresh motor... it looks like if i start with a used av10 case, and go piece by piece... if i do like my past dirt bike motors, i would surely buy a brand new crank and bearings. New stock cylinder and head to match. New piston,rings ect..ect...ect... and buy used external parts...carb,intake,and,and,and... sounds expencive, ive been there... what could i expect to get out of it when she is done? assuming i build a tight motor? I want to go back to stock everything to ensure reliability as i do with most all my 2 stroke motors.

you could take the $300 you'd spend on the Trac, add $100 and build a ridiculous AV10. seriously, price out a build on Treats or 77.

i bet i could get it for 200... he said it runs but needs some tlc and a tune up... theres room to deal there.. but i guess i really need to look at these online stores your talking about a little bit better... i just have the worst time navigating some websites to find what i want...pisses me off and then i start drinking faster and faster and then it's a mess...lol..and i'm not drinking yet..so thats good

Dusty Rim Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> he said it runs

> but needs some tlc and a tune up...

that's what everybody who has a janky moped says when they're trying to sell it. that, or "it ran last spring".

Point taken.

I just got done checking out 77 and i like they have many parts listed i need but most all are out of stock at the time... at least it gives me a reference as to what some used stuff should go for. And it will help me in making a list.

Now to reall dig into the Treats site..checked it out but never really dug into it yet.

Ask to reorder...they do

dusty, pm me again, i'll help you find decent runner close by.

"Needs a Tune Up" = Runs like crap and I can't fix it

yeah i know, that sayin goes along with most motorized things.. but thats the way i like to get em... as long as the price is right.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account