a tomos question...

Tal Reznikov /

The back luggage rack on a tomos lx has a part that goes up... does it do anything important, or can it be cut off?

Ive got it circled in green on the pic.

i want to cut it off so i can put a longer seat on there

Tomos Lx (2) yay.jpg

Re: a tomos question...

no purpose, do as you will with it!

^ what he said.............

it's a handle, for lifting the bike when putting it on the kickstand, but not really necessary if you want it gone.

Tal Reznikov /

Awesome, thanks guys/gals

it's the flux enabler, without that the bike wont run as fast!

lol

is spoiler!

Christian Giron /

adds downforce!

Tal Reznikov /

hehe

DAM Kevin Boyd /

snippity snip snip.

I got one that is grey and doesn't have that piece..

Tal Reznikov /

im not lookin to spend anymore $$$.total of 1100 in it already, and probably more to come

I actually think that it was meant to use as a grip when lifting your bike and a place to put your U lock. As in through your back tire and in front of the loop to keep someone from rolling it away! pretty much like if you don't have anywhere to lock your bike up you can use it. Food for thought maybe?

Tal Reznikov /

i lock my bike with a grip lock and a u lock through the back wheel.

the grip lock locks the throttle and holds down the front brake, and the back u lock keeps the back wheel from moving.

Grip-Lock

in my state, you cant park wherever, you have to park in parking lots, so there is nothing to chain it to sometimes, so i use my own method (and i flip a crafty little switch in the headlight if I'm truly worried.

if someone tries to kick the engine over, a siren goes off. (12 volt battery powered, its a modified fire alarm)

My neighbor made the alarm for me. I'm working on hooking it up to a little wireless receiver that beeps when the alarm goes off so i can rush to my bike

and of course, the switch is not easy to find (under the tank, on an lx so its hidden), and its also a kill switch, so the engine wont start either.

ive never had the alarm tripped though. someone knocked my bike over once, but they left info an everything so i called em up an they paid for all damage (which was minimal, just one pedal, and some paint, i told em to just not worry bout the paint, and they gave me twice what i needed for the pedals, so i was happy. i bought pegs for my passenger.

plus the scratch looks kinda cool. i clear coated over it to make sure it didnt rust

your picture is REALLY unclear about what part youre asking about

Tal Reznikov /

What do you mean... i circled it in green

0.o

I have come to find those racks aren't very loadbearing, i.e. not a passenger seat lol. It will flex and break your tail light...

There have been more than a few threads regarding the development of a good, reliable alarm system. The one you are speaking about sounds very interesting. Can you start a new thread and detail how it works?

I really think lots of people would be interested to know what you have there.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account