Puch Maxi turn signal battery needed!!!

Anthony Mangia /

I'm new to this forum thing and not too sure how it works so bear with me..

New to mopeds as well. I just purchased a 77 Puch Maxi Luxe off eBay and gonna pick it up next week. Everything is in great shape and runs good. Has title and all. The only problem is the battery that powers the indicators (or turn signals) is dead and needs replacing. I was told its some "exotic battery" that I can get online.

So here's the question... Anyone know what kind of battery it is exactly and where can I purchase one? I'd like to start riding ASAP and would love to have everything working. Not too sure what the laws are about not using your signals lol.

Thanks in advance, Tony

Re: Puch Maxi turn signal battery needed!!!

i think it's called a flasher relay, treats has them.

Anthony Mangia /

Hey thanks bro. Treats, that's a website I'm assuming?

Anthony Mangia /

Oh ok cool bro, thanks! I'll probably have to just wait untill I actually get it to see which one I need..

These did not come with signals stock, you prob have a cat-eye signal kit. The batt is a 4 or 5 cell, sub c pak, it can be made for you at an rc hobby store or a batteries plus location if you have them in your area. These are a nice kit if they work, especially at night. You do not need them legally, hand signals work fine.

Anthony Mangia /

Oh ok, thanks for the knowledge. Truth is, I'm not sure if it's a Luxe or not. I've heard however that the Luxe came with turn signals and saddle bags like mine. But we'll see Monday when I actually go and pick it up. If I figure out how this forum thing works, I'll be sure to post pics..

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

turn signals were not factory on a Maxi-luxe, they were dealer add ons. Although most dealers used cat-eye, they did not have to. CEV also made a (nicer) turn signal set that was the preferred standard for Batavus dealers. Many moped shops back in the day sold multiple brands so anything could be on there. Take a quick pic and we will tell you what you have and how to fix.

yep, no maxi (except the weird guam-made ones) came stock with turn signals, they were added at the dealership, and you dont NEED them, but it would be kinda cool to see somebody running a set that actually functioned.

Anthony Mangia /

Hey man thanks a lot. I was just looking to buy a moped more or less to have like a toy since I never had one when I was a kid like I wanted, but I can see imma have way too much fun with this thing lol. Everyone in this site is very helpful and I'm looking forward to working on mine, getting advice, and just basically having some all around fun!

and eventually when you learn enough you'll be the one giving advice

⊙△⊙ Ⓜⓔⓐⓝ Ⓝⓐⓢⓗ ⊙△⊙ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> yep, no maxi (except the weird guam-made ones)

> came stock with turn signals, they were added at

> the dealership, and you dont NEED them, but it

> would be kinda cool to see somebody running a set

> that actually functioned.

i had no idea, i always thought they came with signals.. learn something new here everyday.

Overpriced Parts /

Battery's+ sells battery's that may fit but usually they need work too

Prolly just remove all of it and ya use hand signals

Anthony Mangia /

Yeah imma check out battery's+ and see what they can do, there's one out by me. It is kinda unnecessary, but at the same time pretty neat I will say.

Man Monday can't come any sooner??? I can't wait to see this thing!

take them off? use hand? magic wand?

If they are working, they work pretty damn well, had them back in the day, still wish I did for night use. I have a set but the fashion police talked me out of mounting them to my moby. :)

Anthony Mangia /

Yeah imma be doing a lot of night riding with this since I work nights. Going back and forth to work 15 miles away.

What's the longest I can ride on these things, like both mileage and time wise?

Stephen Keller Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If they are working, they work pretty damn well,

> had them back in the day, still wish I did for

> night use.

the first maxi i ever had with a set of cat eye turn signals on it would charge the batteries just enough to use them once every week or so. i actually kinda like having turn signals at night. not for safety, i just like the vibe for some reason, haha

@ako, when they were new and had a decent batt they worked all the time. Bats charged from the engine, on moby you but the power lead on the hot terminal for the headlamp. Not sure where they were hooked up on a Puch. This was back in the day, when these sets were new. They were brighter than the tail lamp, really helped at night. It was a good set up, most are badly degraded by now. I have 1 and 1/2 sets, both need batt packs. One would work, the other is for parts. I chose not to install them as they do detract from the looks of the mighty 50v, and I' am so big my knees may hit the crossbar! They look good on Puch's. If you need a set or parts, lenses, let me know. My friend Shelly also has a few sets about. No idea if hers work. Batteries plus can make you a batt pack.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account