Why do people hate on tomos?

So I know there not as cool looking as a puch magnum, by the way I want one so bad but I still think that they are a good bike. I was just wondering why it is that so many people don't think think the same.

Re: Why do people hate on tomos?

Mostly jealousy. Some of them are pretty ugly (stickers, plastics, etc) although they can be much improved with a little modification. The fact is, they wouldn't be basically the last of the big moped companies still selling mopeds in the US if they weren't decent bikes.

I love Tomos ! They are reliable .

I could not agree more I wish I knew how to post pics because I think that my targa is starting to look bad ass and it's a great smooth ride.

Tomos can be made fast so easy, it is like cheating, so the haters must be jealous

I think you also have to remember that if people stopped buying new Tomos bikes, then virtually NO ONE will be making/selling new mopeds.

Most reliable of all my peds, cheapest, and 40+ with just an afordable pipe and carb combo, 49cc. Hate away...

I bought a new Streetmate last year. Best investment I ever made. I've had a year of trouble-free riding. Changed sprockets, modded the stock air box and exhaust, upjetted two sizes and get 45+ on cool days.

I'm glad I bought a new one, and didn't buy somebody else's problems. I don't mind working on my own bike; I like riding it a helluva lot better. So, the Tomos-haters can do what they like, as they watch me ride by.

Nice Drew...Nice..... i love the super trooper in the background....speaks volume.......lol

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

No

Soul

Yep love tomos I will get a puch magnum someday like I said but it prob will take a lot of time and $ to get it mint seeing that what 1979 is as new as it gets

no magnums were made till 1986, read the wiki

Electrohacker . Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> no magnums were made till 1986, read the wiki

wiki says 1978.

no the wiki says they started in 78

I own a 1980

ah, i see what you're saying. you're missing a comma after "no", it threw me off.

Thank you that's what I thought late 70' the ones after that army true puch

I thought some other company took over the puck line in the 80's I could be wrong or I guess I am wrong

Michael Thomas /

A35 is one of the best motors out there. I own two Tomos and two Magnums. The Tomos is faster stock, smoother and more quiet.

people still hate on these? what is this 2007?

Fuck Tomos !!!!

Haha, just kidding. They are some of the best motors to use for swapping since pedals in the case, 2 speed, parts avail, and parts crossover.

I like. Mm kickstart

Harley Landis Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I bought a new Streetmate last year. Best

> investment I ever made. I've had a year of

> trouble-free riding. Changed sprockets, modded

> the stock air box and exhaust, upjetted two sizes

> and get 45+ on cool days.

>

> I'm glad I bought a new one, and didn't buy

> somebody else's problems. I don't mind working on

> my own bike; I like riding it a helluva lot

> better. So, the Tomos-haters can do what they

> like, as they watch me ride by.

I bought mine used (Quadro E-start) from a Tomos dealer in Holland. No real issues. Couple minor maintenance items. New battery, a couple bulbs and replaced a broken brake lever. Run over 2000 km in last 15 months. Buy what you can maintain and get parts for if you need them.

Tomos is the only readily available brand with dealer support around my neighborhood, so it was lucky for me that it is also considered one of the most reliable (if not sexiest) mopeds you can own.

Darrell Gabbard /

lmao that is so fucking funny

Darrell Gabbard /

I suppose a Tomos and Volkswagen are in the same boat where its the best you ever owned or it broke down on you and you hate them.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Prolly cause they never owned one.

2 reasons:

1. Like everyone says, they're really good. It's like hating on the New York Yankees. It's just what you do.

2. Tomos has long been the official bike of obnoxious n00bz from New Jersey (n00b Jersey). These guys pretty much sucked. They'd talk a bunch of trash, ruin their bikes, and then spend the next 9 months wining about it until they turned 16 and their parents bought them brand new Mustangs at which point you'd see them on the Buy/Sell forum trying to get $1200 for a seized Targa with bent forks and covered in stupid stickers.

dey so ugly.. jsut sayin..

wow i feel offended cause i live in New Jersey. So i guess im just a dumbass noob with a shit bike who is best friends with snooki and pauly d. just what most people assume. but dont take me wrong. there are dumb people everywhere. im not trying to start a fight either. im just stating what i feel.

I honestly don't know, I just got a ST myself off of craigslist for $500 and with a little TLC it has turned out to be a nice little bike.

Hey, don't be!

People are generalising, but there have been many, many topics over the years, just like that, from your fellow New Jersey residents. The fact that you're not like that is a great thing. If you want to dig through the archives, you'll see quite a few posts from guys who buy brand new streetmates at 14-15, ask how to get it up to some ridiculous speed like 55mph, and then sell their bikes for parts when they get their drivers licenses. Don't be like that, and you'll get love, and not hate :)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account