Need some opinions...

Craig Perrin /

New to the forum and quite honestly, never knew it existed until recently. I have a '77 Sachs Westlake with a 504/1a on it. Completely stock and love it. Have had it for about 5 years now and probably put 1200+ miles on it so far. Was out the other day and noticed a 1982 'ped with a Sachs 505/1d on it. Basically frame, wheels and motor for $40. Grabbed it for the clean Grimeca Snowflakes that were on it. Got bored and stripped the motor down and am slowly rebuilding it (I NEED A JUG!!). Meanwhile, I grabbed a sweet deal on another Westlake for $60. Well, had my brother pick it up for me back in NY so I haven't touched it yet. Pretty much 95% there with few lil things missing but has the dreaded 504/1b in it. Now I know the 505 doesn't mate up to 504 mounts yadda yadda but I was wondering, has anyone swapped the mounts from frames? I have this POS '82 frame here that is way out line for rebuilding, the "new" Westlake that I plan on modding, plus a few people that know a thing or two about welding. Am I way out of line for daydreaming or should I just suck it up with the 504/1b and upgrade the hell out of it? Looking to have a ped that gets 35-40mph. Standing by with a sawzall...

Re: Need some opinions...

I would suggest posting that here

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/list.php?7

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account