Getting a ticket on a moped!

Gerard Cantu /

Hey! Out there! Be on the look out. my son, Just got a $96.00 + $42.00 court, ticket 11:30pm, here in Lincoln,Ne. they said my headlight wasn't bright enough. It is stock 6v, NO! But not just any 6v headlight, on this moped gives out a lot of light. If you would look straight into this light you'd need sun glasses. Not only that the officers, Yes they're more the 4 officers there, taking jabs it me any my moped. 1981 Columbia imperial. Going to go for the not guilty plea. Yes going to take my moped to court show the judge what the fine L.P.D are doing at that time of nite . Not looking for somebody, who really broke the law. Oh and yes they made him walk it home. Also his custom seat wasn't good enough for them L.P.D. officers, here in good Oh Lincoln, NE . Got to go, getting late. Bee Safe out there. You can never know where they'll be coming from to get them evil moped riders. Look out they want your money anyway the "GOV". can get it .

Re: Getting a ticket on a moped!

Lame sauce man. Best of luck fighting the ticket. I hope the judge laughs when he sees what they pulled over!

-Aron

Gerard Cantu /

thank you, yes i hear yeah . going be fun one i hope.

so straight

Mike Lyions /

So you got the ticket for just the headlight? Wouldn't a fix it ticket have been enough? Sad when they will waste that kind of manpower for a moped. The police are more worried about what will generate revenue than solve or prevent any real kind of crimes anymore. You were taken by LPD INC. it seems.

Christian Giron /

I personally hate it when people say "Don't they have anything better to do?" relating to cops giving out tickets

Did you know that traffic related death rates account for more than double that of firearm deaths in Nebraska?

Granted, it's probably not a high percentage of that due to mopeds, but there is a larger ratio of deaths that occur when visability is low.

I'm not saying that your light wasn't bright enough, the cops weren't assholes, that you're wrong, theyre right... all I'm saying is when you look at the statistics.... do they reallyyyyy have better things to do?

Did you know that speed limits have almost no effect at all and that people will generally go only as fast as they are comfortable, google it. SPeed limits are primarily a revenue generation tactic for the state.

Christian Giron /

^

So you're saying speed limits are set for the sole purpose of making money? That's the only reason. C'mon.

They're determined by calculations based on concrete composition, design of the roadway, braking distances, and a number of other things that determine a safe driving speed.

Now, I speed all the time, I'm one of the ridiculously low percentage of people that get more than 1 ticket in their lifetime, I'm around 6 or 7 speeding tickets, but I also don't blame cops for pulling me over or think that speed limits are a tool 'the man' set against us to gain revenue.

defend if you must but 4+ officers for one moped is a joke. we have experienced the same thing. never have i been pulled over on the moped and only 1 cop be present.

we have had an officer tell me my lights were too dim when i was running a 12v led that was multiple times brighter than stock. they just want that moneys and a grown man on a play thing looks like an easy target.

"Did you know that traffic related death rates account for more than double that of firearm deaths in Nebraska?"

You think?! Of course they do. Millions of people drive multiple times every day of the week.

Christian Giron /

^ you're missing the point. My argument was directed toward "dont they have anything better to do" mentality with regards to traffic tickets. The fact that there are so many dumb people in this world driving multiple times every day of the week should show that they don't have better things to do since traffic is a primary cause of death.

Don't get me wrong, yes 4 cops is ridiculous for a moped light violation and after any safety concerns for the single cop was dimished, they shouldve been about their merry way. It was just a blanket statement toward people who get mad at cops for writing them a traffic related ticket (unless 100% unfair, probably such as the case with this light ticket)

sookia sookia /

You guys are missing the bigger picture. You complain that four cops is too many to assign a moped violation, but that is ONLY if you think they give a rat's ass about the supposed headlight "violation" to begin with. They don't.

What they are looking for is WEED. Then they can arrest you and put you in jail FOR REAL PROFIT!! If they are doing their jobs properly, they will also seize your moped as a drug runner vehicle.

It is a GREAT scam and has been VERY successful. Rich people want weed to stay illegal, so it WILL STAY ILLEGAL. (Witness Obamas latest attacks on the best run LEGAL medical marijuana clinic in THE WORLD. Enjoy.

Enjoy. (edited)

I'll attest to that. Never been pulled over on a moped, but I got pulled over in my van once for a "seat belt check". When I refused to let the cop search the vehicle he called for backup and a K9 unit! I waited patiently while 3 cops and a German shepherd circled the outside of my van for near 10 mins. The best part was seeing the disappointment in their faces when the dog turned up nothing and they sent me on my way. The one that pulled me over was full of asshole quips about my van, too. "why don't you get a regular car?" lol.

Overpriced Parts /

True that ^^

I'm a long hair and I get pulled over 1-2 times a year on a moped or in my van

Pretty much the cops think drugs and drunks

Gerard Cantu /

i understand what you are saying there. But come on? When it takes 6 officers to stop on guy raiding down the street on his way home on his moped. They didn't even know the law on mopeds was. The officer had to look it up.. I think not . We are going not guilty on this one . Now think of this one. How much is it going to cost the city in time to make there claim as to why they did this to my son ? Who is a special needs type of person . They made fun of his clothing , and what he was raiding. make fun of the moped is ok . But when 6 officers are intimidating him . talking down to him belittling him. "THAT'S JUST WRONG" You may not know what that fells like? That kind of thing may have never happen to you ? The light is bright enough to be riding it in front of the police, the stat patrol, the Sheriff, for 2 mouths without being stopped before now .You may think it's ok for an officer of the law to treat somebody / anybody like they did my son ? Will i don't think they should for one. they abused there throatily, unprofessional in my opinion. you know i use to look at the police as someone i could ask for help? But anymore i say to myself. I hope he's in a good "MOOD" as i drive or ride buy them. every time you see i work out side. I get kind of dark like a Mexican, so i think about that kind of thing also. Have you ever been there? So it's not just the ticket that's wrong with what they did. I'll liver it at that. Take care

Fuck The Police

and Wren said it with athoarity !

Easy E

i get what you are saying but HOLLY SHIT BAD SPELIN 'N GRAMR!!!!

POLICE BE HATEN

If your bulb is stock, it is legal, there is a sticker somewhere usually by the vin plate that says this vehicle conforms to the laws in force at the date of manufacture, done and done. They can not make you upgrade it. Fight it. 4 cops for a moped traffic stop...total bullshit. As for them belittling your son, that is worthy of a complaint to the dept. If you have proof of it. I had a cop ask me about the light on my Hobbit, at idle it is very dim, I was not pulled over, he was just talking to me out of his window, I reved the engine up, light got brighter he grinned, gave me the thumbs up and drove off. Try and explain to your son that all police officers are not like that, you should not be afraid to seek out their help if you really need it. Those officers are a disgrace to the badge.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account