First moped repair!

I replaced the throttle cable on a Magnum XK i just got yesterday. It took a while and some help but, I got it done. I know alot of you guys that work on mopeds a lot are just think, Dumbass. Hahaha Im a noob.

Re: First moped repair!

Brandon Compton /

First repairs....I don't remember the first thing I fixed on my Pug but can tell it wasn't the last thing lol

thats impressive! replacing a throttle cable is SUCH an ordeal.

next step: sand the decals off the tank and paint over the ltd edition fenders.

Ya that black chrome is ugly as hell. Nothing unique about that.

I got rid of the LTD and now i have magnum XK.

You needed help to change a throttle cable? That's some serious repair work there. How long did it take, two or three hours?

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

At least Joe has an excuse for ridiculously long repair times. It's a real bitch to fix anything when he's blackout drunk.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere...

Should have posted this on your twitter or FB wall instead of here.

Unless your magnum goes 68+ mph, AND looks brand new, AND you did it all by yourself, all you'll get from this peanut gallery are yawns and put downs.

Your next purchase is a Gilardoni (no just kidding).

yancey read this joker's threads.

atv4less.com

Christian Giron /

bump because this thread sucks.

I started with brake cables, but I also didn't make a thread about it... at least I don't think I did. But hey. A throttle cable is a start. Good going.

Andrew Squiggman /

wait until you need to put air in the tires, whoa!

DAM Kevin Boyd /

i still struggle with putting air in my tires, i just stopped and ride them flat all the time now. feels like i'm riding a fish.

You just...got rid of.the LTD....i mean pfft.

Pay no mind to the haters, it is a feeling of accomplishment to fix a bike, especially if you do not have previous mechanical experience. Good going. Everytime you do this you get better aquainted with the bike and learn something, how else do you learn?

Christian Levi /

lol dude I'm like 4 weeks ahead of you, and I've already managed to buy an MB5 now too... let the addiction sink in...

Christian Levi /

oh yeah and don't expect to impress anyone until you've managed to get so good at fixing peds that you've turned your own smugness and lonliness into a paper maché mix of semen and sheets of paper from moped repair manuals... then compressed it into your own vintage puch frame, and built the rest from the ground up...

drunken mcfrenzy /

why'd you sell the LTD...?

13 years old working on a ped, not to bad

I bet this fucktard doesn't even have a fagnum I mean magnum....

I'm glad you sold the limited and got yourself a good first bike. I better see you blasting at rallies in a couple years.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account