:( austin prices beat houston lol

Brandon Compton /

Re: :( austin prices beat houston lol

Brandon Compton /

the newport is clean but 2k is way too much for me

funny, ive worked on both of those bikes.

maxi is owned by this dude that was all about "looks". he brought his 1977 1hp newport in and wanted "cafe bars" only. I explained that he would def want a cylinder upgrade even if it was just another stock 1.5 or 2 hp puch cylinder because the 1 hp top end is sooo restricted and goes around 18mph. i also explained that he needed his forks replaced or bent back, he declined and as you can see thy are still bent. he only wanted the bars. well you all know that '77 and earlier maxis came with the dumb triple tree without clamps. so i drilled it out and it cost an hour of labor and racked his bill up. he came to pick up the bike and returned the next day complaining about the speed. uhhh yea i dont tell people things unless they are necessary. looks like he got it kitted out by austin mopeds and its running well now. the price tag reflects on him getting a ton of in shop work, thats why its so high. this guy wanted people to look at him and not to enjoy mopeds.

The garelli however is worth every penny of that 800 dollars, i LOVE that bike and put 100+miles on it at WOT. such a reliable and peppy little bike with a great look! used to belong to cathy in ACR. (edited)

Brandon Compton /

yeah in another thread i commented about the guy and how i don't think he even has a title for the newport ...and mike i totally want that garelli but i don't have the funds or a way to go get it. funny though that you worked on them both.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account