hey guys, who can tell me about this engine?

I got this sweet 80's puch atv and it had this beastly little moter on it. Any info or shop manuals that you know of would be of great help! Thanks guys!

50cc puch.jpg

Re: hey guys, who can tell me about this engine?

Stefan Didizian /

whatever it is does not have stock cylinder look how it matchs up to the case

Pretty sure that's a Z50; manual clutch version of the e50. Bad ass engine.

Oh wait, where is the clutch lever?.... Um, not sure what it is.

its a hero puch engine 1 speed automatic no manual clutch nothing fancy but regular e50 parts wont fit

Where can i find more info jason? And why won't e50 parts fit. And yes the cyl was the stock cyl on the engine. Unfortunately the cyl is seized from rust, so i won't be able to use that, but i am thinking of building a race bike out of the very nice botom end.

E50 parts won't fit is because it isn't Austrian-made by Puch, it's Indian-made by Hero Motors . . . not sure how rad a "race bike" it would fabricate.

Probably a lot of fun to mess around with on a quad though!

i say replace the top end, get it running, and enjoy the little ATV. build a race bike out of some variated thing or some italian thing instead.

^yup what he said

sell me it.

i have a 65cc top end that will bolt right on that its brand new been run once then my friend found out why its not gonna work on the e50

im not sure where you would find more info

hi jay!!!!!!!!! (edited)

Jason, i might take you up on that 65cc kit for it, that is if i do not have to hack off the crank arm... The piston does not want to come out of the cyl.

Hi cait!

Don't wreck the engine over something simple. Soak the piston with pb blaster, kroil or similar for a week, flip the motor over, move the cylinder away from the block slightly and fill the underside of the piston with whatever you used. Now let it sit for another week. Spray every few days. Now if the piston is near the top of the cylinder you can use a wood block cut to fit snugly inside the cylinder and a good size hammer to knock the piston free. If the piston is at the bottom of the cylinder you will have to insert wood spacers between the bottom of the cylinder and the crankcase, making sure they are even on all sides and that they dont interfere with the piston skirt when the piston moves that low. That should allow you to get it free. With patience and luck you can get it apart without wrecking anything expensive/unobtainable.

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

^What he said

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account