Got hit by a car today in philly

John Warren IhazJawas /

Mother fuckin out of town drivers, wow so i was riding down the street in center city and about to hit a crossroad and a minivan next to me decided to make a right turn from the left lane and bam we collide took a hard fall I'm Ok, bike runs but bent the rear mount of my turn signal and busted off a pedal. i tried to do the right thing and get insurance but got the sob oh were from ohio its a rental and we are here for a make a wish function whatever i figured im ok i got the bike started ill run it home guy did give me $40 for the pedal i have a usable spare i put on already and will get a new set from treats or 1977 or ebay, but damn it was a fucked up ride home

Re: Got hit by a car today in philly

Stefan Didizian /

sorry to hear about this john. out of towners blow

John Warren IhazJawas /

Kinda pissed about the pedals there nos 30 year old pedals looked brand ney however i got them from ebay for 8 bucks

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

Rentals have insurance. Did you get a plate? It is illegal to not give information at the scene of the accident.

John Warren IhazJawas /

No i let them go i was pissed but wanted to get home. The gave ne enough to replace the pedals so i was fine ill straighten the blinker mount my self its not like i was going to make a claim

Stefan Didizian /

this just means u need to get epic 40 dollar pedals

John Warren IhazJawas /

Im thinking abiut the 10 dollar old style with shipping its half the money and spend the rest on beer lol he bought me a drink lol

Glad you were not hurt.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

^^yea, fo' rill. Glad you got away from that one.

John Warren IhazJawas /

just goes to show fucking Jawas are built like a tank this is my 3rd accident (first ride lost control on trolly tracks when wheel went in the grove, and dropped it on a tight turn in the rain) and it runs like a champ. noticed some idle issues it wanted to stall this morning probably just needs to get re-tuned ill see what i can do after work

Maybe the dying kid's wish was to run over a guy on a moped

Always get information

fallout Survivor /

It was a mistake for you not to exchange information because

1) what if you were injured and dont feel it yet

2) your moped may have been damaged more than you realize (for instance broken axle, bent rims, other things

3) they need to be held accountable

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account