Flex Shaft Tool

I just picked up one, and it is gonna be fun as hell. Of course it's not a Foredom, but still... It has enough to let me know that it is a pretty clean operator.

Re: Flex Shaft Tool

OTTO The dirty Petcocks /

Sweet It's what I use with set of snap on carbide porting bits

Stefan Didizian /

is it a foredom?

Russell Huddy /

I really like a #20 hand piece. It's thinner and you don't need a chuck key

I don't know if that hand piece will be compatible... This is an off brand unit. But if it is, I'll be getting the #20. I was going to look into that as soon as it arrives.

BUT I did myself a favor and didn't order the shitty Harbor Freight version of this tool.

Fresh from a shamelessly advertised Chinese sweatshop...

any right angle options for this bad boy?

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Where did you get that? I have been looking for one of these but they are always like $700. Also want to know about the right angle options.

I got mine from an Ebay listing of discount tools... 1/3 HP, 15,000 RPM.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLEXIBLE-SHAFT-CARVER-GRINDER-TOOL-KIT-new-flex-tool-/360474233453?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D140787651813%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D697435707398285763#ht_2095wt_696

You can track his down from the image hyperlink... Look below.

http://www.tootoo.com/s-ps/vibrator-motor-with-shaft--p-697548.html

Though his is a "concrete vibrator," whatever the hell that is. (edited)

concrete vibrator brings the cream of concrete to the surface so you get glassy smooth concrete.

Just used it to clean up a porting job... It works! In fact, it's pretty handy. I'll let you know how it functions in the long run, but right now I am happy as can be.

I have two junk cylinders to play with.

There are no interchangeable handpieces for this unit... For those who asked about right angle options etc.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account