Who has time for a QUICKY?

How many people do their own engine work? Here's how to answer:

1 person from each branch gives an estimate of how many riders do their own engine work. For example: 4 riders out of 12 members of the ___________ branch do their own engine work.

Another question: Does each person have their own set of specialty tools, like the spanner wrench?

Re: Who has time for a QUICKY?

Everyone does their own engine work except n00bz

id guess 95% of the active riders here do their own engine work, and 75% have their own specialty tools.

I do engine work... and I'm slowly aquireing tools, they're not expensive

Brandon Compton /

I do what I can in my garage and what I can do I take to my buddy's shop. Don't have proper tools for everything but I'm building up my collection...need to be like dwayne and borrow a wrench lol

⊙△⊙ Ⓜⓔⓐⓝ Ⓝⓐⓢⓗ ⊙△⊙ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> id guess 95% of the active riders here do their

> own engine work, and 75% have their own specialty

> tools.

Who the fuck cares? How many people on MA ask stupid fucking questions?

Just trying to figure out how people do their own repairs and how. Before I got my ped, the only thing I knew about 2-cycle engines was how to do basic maintenance on my Stihl chainsaw. By asking questions I am now able to take off a cylinder head and check the piston and walls for scarring, etc.

Sure Kc Kev, I would love to be ignorant and send it to a shop, but we, who are into the vintage stock, don't seem to have that luxury, we gotta find answers ourselves.

I don't think he meant asking about your moped was stupid; I think he meant this thread's question.

I had never even touched an engine six years ago when I first got my moped, but I did a lot of bicycle stuff. The whole reason I even like mopeds is to work on them.

sookia sookia /

hadn't messed with engines too much either, save for the occasional oil change, just got my ped, found moped army was overwhelmed with info...then re read over and over long story short i just cleaned my carb, "un hardwired" and installed switches on my maxi...

Mars™   Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I had never even touched an engine six years ago

> when I first got my moped. The whole reason I

> even like mopeds

> is to work on them.

i didnt even know what a carburetor did 5 years ago. now working on motorcycles isnt even remotely scary. i wouldnt recommend a modified moped to anybody that doesnt know how to work on something, unless theyre genuinely interested and willing to learn.

In all honesty, if people don't have questions, they don't come here for answers. Most of the time I just sit around laughing at how pissed off people like orange robin and crazy Wayne he when people do dumb shit. Welcome to the Internet. You must be new here. Dumb people are everywhere.

As for engine work? Here in Charlotte all the regular riders do their own engie work and buy specialty tools (though we all share). The people who can't and don't enjoy it normally don't stick around very long.

Sounds logical! Thanks everybody.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account