Just got hit by a 90 year old lady.

Patrick Kearns /

So after months of working on my first project(78 free spirit) i just got it tuned right. put so much money into my ped. so i took it out for a spin today and i was driving doing like 30mph, going south down the road and some old lady was going north. she didnt even look and just turned left and hit me head on. I tried to turn but she sped up and hit me. I got thrown from my ped and fliped over her car. My ped was under the front of her. I cant believe she hit me. messed up my knee and ankle. nothings broken but cant walk. but my ped is fucked.

what a shitty day just got back from the hospital.

Re: Just got hit by a 90 year old lady.

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

Get yourself a shark of a lawyer. Today. When the insurance company calls you, refer them directly to said lawyer and don't answer any of their questions. Get estimates from

:( sorry dude.

Overpriced Parts /

Right now ^^ get a lawyer go to the law firms doctor

Your injurys will be a problem when your older so you must get money and lots of it

Is she really 90?

Sue the snot out of her . Get good laser and don't talk to insurance peeeps.!

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Swarm and destroy?

Brandon Compton /

Ask this guy for help!

Seriously though, at least you didn't break nothing or worse man. Sorry about the free sprit, hopefully the engine is fine and can just be swaped if the body is to bad to be repaired.

That's really shitty you got taken out by an old lady!

my 2 cents...

Be a man, shake it off, make sure she takes care of the ped and your hospital bills, then move along with life. No need to sue her over an accident. This is what we should come to expect being grown adults on tiny machines. People don't see us, we understand that, so compensate for it.

I hope you heal up soon and start riding again, stat!

"People don't see us"

True but 90 year old ladies don't see shit. 90 is too old to operate a vehicle.

MaddMatt -Ruffians STL /

Old people are worse drivers than drunks. At least most of the drunks only come out at night, old people drive all day long.

An 84 year old lady did the exact same thing to me, but I broke everything.

ride as if everyone will hit you if they can... cause it will happen

Christian Levi /

I'd feel bad suing the shite out of a 90 year old... but at the same time, no one makes me angrier than old people driving. Sorry dude, that suckkss...

Patrick Kearns /

I just want to get my bike fixed and back on the road. Thats all i want.

Brandon Compton /

Work out an agreement with the lady, you don't sue if she fully pays for the damages to your bike and knits you a sweater! ;)

MaddMatt -Ruffians STL /

Brandon Compton Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Work out an agreement with the lady, you don't sue

> if she fully pays for the damages to your bike and

> knits you a sweater! ;)

And agrees to stop driving!

Brandon Compton /

worth a try matt but she would probably forget the deal lol

Get well soon! Don't sue her but give it to her insurance company good!

I think you should get a lawyer. A few years ago someone ran a stop sign right in front of me while I was doing about 45 on my motorcycle. He fucked me up really good: cracked pelvis, broken femur, hurt my eye pretty bad, stitches. I figured the insurance money would be enough and I didn't want to sue a guy in his 50s for basically a simple mistake, so I took it and didn't sue him. It was a mistake.

Even though it paid for my initial bills, I am in only in my 20s and still have back and hip problems related to the accident and the insurance $$ is long gone. (edited)

you should at least go through her insurance. did the cops come and fill out a report? if so you need to get a copy of it. my friend just recently got hit while visiting. he didn't get a lawyer but after he got out of the hospital he called the women's insurance company and took care of everything. they are at least covering his hospital bills. i wouldn't sue...but idk

glad you're okay, hope it all works out.

Patrick Kearns /

yeah a police report was made. Im just happy i didnt hit my head or hurt my neck or back. I was going to film my ride with my go pro. i wish i did.

If you're not broken anywhere, very few lawyers would take that case.

I had the exact same accident, head on with the person turning in front of me,

Flew over the car and broke my arm.

Lawyer only took the case because the broken elbow joint can cause big problems down the road with performing music (my job). Its already arthritic :(

I know what it's like.. There's no time to brake, you just watch the whole thing happen. There's nowhere to go...the driver isn't looking and won't hit the brakes til they hear the crunch.

It can happen anytime...

I still have nightmares about it.

Good luck man, be glad it wasn't worse...

Sigh, I'm really glad you're not more seriously hurt. I have a friend who's Father was 90 and in an accident- that's when they took his license away. My Father is 84 and still driving- pretty well thankfully but I dread the day he gets into an accident. He loves to drive and when he loses his license it's really going to devastate him. I just hope if or when he does get into an accident it's not too serious for either party :0 Nothing I can do at the moment since he's still doing well but it's scary.

Oh, one other thing.....

Even if you do get a lawyer, do the property damage yourself with her insurance. This was suggested to me by my lawyer, and it turned out great.

Make a list of all parts that were damaged, print out treats or 77s web pages with pics for each part you want to be reimbursed for.

Then figure out how long you spent working on the Ped.

The time you spent customizing the moped should be reinbursed to you as well. I charged them 20hrs at $60 an hour for mine, + the damaged parts + the base moped price.

If a lawyer does all this, he'll get 30% of your parts, and you lose out.

You also might need to have someone sign off on the moped saying it's not safe to drive anymore, any buddy with a shop could do it. (edited)

sookia sookia /

shouldn't feel bad about suing her, it's her insurance that's going to pay up, at least this way you will be able to put some cash in ur pocket to bring back ur ped stronger and faster

I wonder if you can get the state to say your ped is totaled and how much they would pay out for a totaled moped?

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

dont sue her just the insurance co. thats why we pay premiums.

i got hit cross country two years ago, teenage drove right thru me, while texting. in st.louis of all places... i was unharmed. bike a lil merked (scooter fixed it real good!) , she gave me 900 cash the next day to strait up disapear.

worked out great.

you got hurt, involve insurance, this accident could affect you the rest of your life, and you will get a payout from insurance for the rest of you life.

reason auto insurance exists.

^ Same thing happened to me only in cars. Dude was riding w/o insurance or a license. I was in a 1989 Volvo 240 DL (the thing was a tank, steel exterior and actual bumpers), his car had probably 2Gs of damage all I had was a broken headlight and a scuffed up bumper. Still the guy gave me $900 to not call the cops and for damage.

The kicker was that it was his friends car. So he had to pay me and his friend, I bet next time he looked and assessed the intersection before turning.

If you do file suit, it will be a suit against her insurance company. Her insurance company will end up dropping her, but she needs to stop driving anyway. I agree about injuries bothering you when you get older. If you feel that the injuries were serious enough, go ahead and sue her insurance company for the bike and medical bills, it willl not hurt the elderly lady other than losing her driving ability, which could save someone else's life down the road. Just my 2 cents.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account