advice on how to paint my ride

Wanting to repaint my batavus. Chrome is rusty and got some rust comming through the paint. No looking to keep the same color (purple) probably go with flat black. Any brands of paint to avoid or that you suggest? Any secret techniques or just tape off what I don't want paint and spray away? Primer? Sand? How many coats? What type of paint is best for the gas tank incase it gets gas on it? Should I avoid the gas lines or is it no biggie if paint gets on them. Thanks for any advice.

Re: advice on how to paint my ride

Christopher Staggs /

I don't know how much your wanting to spend? Look at this. I have a total of 12 dollars in this paint job.

mopedweb.JPG

Christopher Staggs /

I went to Lowes and got a quart of yard furniture glossy enamel, for about 10 bucks, then I went to the Flea Market and got lucky and bought a can of aluminum paint for the fenders, for 2 bucks. I think I should rephrase that. I didn't get lucky at the Flea Market, then buy paint. Anywho. It is not a professional paint job by any means. But it doesn't look bad. I used a brush and did a little sanding. I wasn't about to spend 300 dollars on a paint job. Call me cheap. Who cares.

Not looking to spend a lot but I want to do a good job. I'm willing to go up to 30

EASY

Painting your ride:

1. Get one gallon of the paint of your choice... don't let others decide, as this is YOUR ride..

2. Strap that gallon to your rear rack, use tape if you want, I don't really care.

3. Start up your moped. (see how easy this is already?)

4. Punch small hole in can, and ride off.

This should paint a ride near 2 or 3 miles long, depending on how large of screw driver ya jabbed into the can.

first step: dont use flat black

Brandon Compton /

hahahaha

plastidip then post pics.

What's wrong with flat black?

Rattle can that shit

Re: flat black, etc.

Everyone and his cousin thinks flat black is cool. Been (over)done.

A good spray can job is fine and cheap. Take the time to clean and lightly sand the old finish and properly sand and prime the rust. You'll be happy with the care you take in the preparations. I found the spray cans In used. ZERO $.

bb

33third.com any graffiti specific paint is extremely thick and made to cover in one pass (for all these hooligans painting up the under side of bridges) also gives the best finish of any paint. one thing to be aware of when you shop for paint here is high vs low pressure, low pressure paint comes out more slowly and is better suited to your needs. another benefit is that there literally about 3000 colors on that site alone to choose from in gloss or flat depending on the line.

I most highly recommend anything in the Montana (german) GOLD line

this winter im doing the frame with this:

http://www.33third.com/products/1042-s9000-shock-black.aspx

and some smaller stuff with this:

http://www.33third.com/products/548-montana-goldline-s6000-shock-green-light.aspx

already ordered it, just dont wanna take my ped apart this time of the year

I agree that flat black is over used but I don't want to do anything to make the bike stick out too much. Live in a high theft area and some areas the cops have already pulled me over. A lime green batavus would get me noticed by everyone which I don't want the ride stolen or pulled over due to snazzy paint job.

thieves HATE lavender

True, but only a small amount of ladies appriciate a man manly enough to ride a purple ped

Powder coating does look fantastic and I would love to do that but for this bike I'm going a little cheaper and rougher. Its a beater bike and I'm finding myself fixing this or that so don't wanna make the paint job awesome if everything else isnt

Get one of these and save your finger.

To my defiance about the flat black I have a collection of boes & skulls & plan on strapping them the the ride

Don't worry, kieth bright doesn't give a fuck what you wanna do, he's going to post pictures of his completely lame ass bikes and tell you how he did them better than everyone else can because he's a cafe racing meth addicted whale-donger douchnozzle.

Let me tell you how to do it, however you think you should...you'll learn a lesson and realize you shouldn't have wasted your time fixing a Batavus. Good luck, braH!

Ha, yeah a lot of people have said not to waste time on the bat but I got it in exchange for a coffee table I found I a dumbster. Its my 1st moped and the only one I can afford right now. Its a decent bike and I plan of getting a new one when I get more cash. I'll still keep the bat though. Not a bad bike & I can always loan it out for rides with a friend that doesn't own a moped

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account