swinger 1 moped value

could some one give me a value on a swinger 1 if brought back to mint condition. thanks

Re: swinger 1 moped value

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

Priceless

we are in the business of loving mopeds...not selling them.

Lewis Holston /

i'm not selling one i'm looking at buying one

Depends, if frozen in carbinite in a barn by Sean Connery it'll get more and less for one that has someone working on who may or may not know what they're doing. Locale also is a variable too.

Just don't buy one with the words: vintage, rare, or australian in the ad... (edited)

Lewis Holston /

its off from an 80 year old man that bought it new and everything is still on it he is putting a new head and piston on it and it will be bad to perfect condition i looked at it today and if i fix it he'll sell it to me for

$500 if he fixes it he wants $1000 i assume he knows what he's doing because he has a restored pinto and a honda extreme i think it was called that he restored both of. and he's in ohio if that helps and it wasn't from an add i met him at work when he came in to buy oil for the extreme. thanks again

is all he doing replacing the piston and head???????111 because anyone can do that

Lewis Holston /

ya thats it, everthing else is in perfect condition. so if i replace the piston and head is it worth the $500 or should i wait and buy it at $1000 or is $500 and $1000 way to much for it?

You're an imbecile if you pay an extra $500 to replace a piston and head, it takes 20 minutes and $70 worth of parts (if that).

Lewis Holston /

Ok i just never replaced a piston before but i want to thank you for you over-whelming assistance and ability to show compassion for a person with questions.

I appreciate your effort to make me feel bad but a bit of Google-fu let alone a few searches or some wiki readin here would have answered most of your questions.

I imagine a stock swinger 1 in decent running and rideable condition the bike would be worth around $350-$500. Assuming the bike is in OK shape, is complete and only needs motor work I would probably offer something in the range of $250. Ohio is one of the cheapest states to buy a moped in btw. (edited)

If it's not running, pay $200 or less, never know what else needs replacing especially when you don't know pricing or how to replace a piston/cylinder. Though e50s are a great engine to learn on for wrenching purposes it may be something that might take more time and money.

$500 to replace a piston!

You should get the Honda Extreme!

Probably Fred /

A swinger 1 usually is a thin rim 20mph model

Mint running in Youngstown area market is 350.00 tops

A clean silver magnum in that area goes for 500.00

Do not pay 500.00 let alone 1000.00

I will have a fast kitted double the speed of that entry level puch

Ready in a 3-4weeks for around 500.00

It will be a maxi not a swinger though

Buy from Ken. You will be happy with a well built kitted puch. A non-runner in OH should be around $100-$200. Yeas I lived in OH for 2&½ months constantly searching for deals. That old man is crazy wanting $1000 for a bike.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

i'll second if it doesn't run no more than 200$

Probably Fred /

The only puch moped that's worth more then 200.00 not running is a magnum MKll LTD then only 201.00

Lewis Holston /

i'll try and talk him down and see if i can get it cheaper and let you all know

Lewis Holston /

its been almost a month and after talking to the guy for a bit and showing him what you all said i got him to sell it to me for $100 but i'm going to buy a treat package for my pinto i have and move the stock stuff from it to the swinger any sugestions for a good cheaper treat package.

Probably Fred /

Do not get the party that comes with a phbg carb and boss pipe cause you will be tuning it forever and clogging up the repair forum .

Get a dmp 70 cc, techno circuit pipe, mesh filter and post for a 14mm bing on buy sell

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account