cimatti city bike

I'm looking to buy my first moped and I see a cimatti for 50 bucks without a motor. Is that worth it? I have no idea of the fixing cost, but I need something practical to use to get me to work (about 10 miles or closer). What's too much to pay for a broken moped?

Re: cimatti city bike

in good shape or rusty.

pfft get, you can bring back to life.

$50 is not bad as long as its not rusted up. Is everything there ? Cables, controls, footboard/engine cover, good seat ?

You can buy a good minarelli v1 motor here for about $70-$125. Be careful of who you buy from though since there are a few shit heads on here that like to screw over newbs

Anyone know how fast these things can potentially go. I read somewhere that they're like 18mph... that seems slow. I imagine myself lookin all funny and sad riding my ass to work behind recycling hobos...

This is what I'm looking at here...

5Ie5Gf5Hf3Ed3k53N4c6q48abfeeee0af183c.jpg

get it. get a motor, you can do 30.

check buy/sell.

Thanks. What are the potential top speeds something like this can go?

Shane Antisocialite /

45 is reasonable for several hundred dollars beyond the cost of the bike and engine. Faster than that is also possible, but gets expensive and stuff breaks more often.

Emil Kniemel /

also read this:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/First_moped

youre on the right track cause its a minarelli v1.. but a no engine basket case might be difficult for a first moped.

How about a Maxi?

Well the thing is, I currently have no funds. I'm negative dollars, but my dad was willing to take me to get this 50 dollar non op moped. I figured that with my bfs help and with spare money here and there, we can get this to fix up as a hobby and eventually use for work around the area. I've seen manuals online for not too much. The guy has is posted for 80 bucks, but has gone down to 50 bucks. I actually really want a tomos or puch maxi, but they're out of the question for now.

Emil Kniemel /

i had the same mentality as you and i was gonna pick up a roller and build it up as a hobby/as funds became available.

im really glad i waited and bought a complete bike for $50 more ($300 total). it wasnt running at the time but just needed a carb clean and new tank.

but yeah, $50 is cheap. i bet you could part it and at least make your money back if you end up finding a complete ped. however, if you can wait there are deals to be had in LA/OC.. i think the cheapest so far was a complete (minus light and throttle cable) maxi for $65.

good luck!

Hmm. Ok. Thanks. I'm probably going to wait just because it isn't a necessity after all, and you're most likely right. I see better ones for a tad more, its just that there's no money right now. But it can wait.

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

first bike. Wait. Get something complete and running or close to running. With patience....you can find one in $100 to $150 range. First bike and no knowledge and limited funds this is not the way to go.

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Just wait then. Sling some drugs and sell your body and you will have a moped in no time at all.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account