Carb Problems

I just upgraded my carb jet from a 60 to a 70 for my 70cc kit as it was running poorly but now I have the worse problems. I barely go 25 as before i went over 40mph and my throttle gets stuck on full throttle and i have taken the carb apart it seems that the slide gets stucks. The spring is good and i have tried lubing it with MMO but no success. It does not idle for long and stalls it seems like a fuel problem and i checked the breather and for intake leaks any ideas?

Re: Carb Problems

is it a bing carb. put two stroke oil on slide . is choke stuck on?

also cable olied

The choke works fine and i tried oiling it but it still doesnt idle and performance is worse than the other carb jet in which it didnt idle well either and it is a bing carb

where is the needle?

even when turned in all the way without the spring on the screw it still doesn't idle and its new gas and has very high compression. So idk what the deal is great spark so its not that, the needle position is on the last bottom grooves i believe (edited)

move it up

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you sound like you're running way rich...the needle is at the fattest setting and you upjetted on top of that...move the needle to 1 down from the top...throw the old jet in and see what you get...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account