Motobecane Sebring Tips, Tricks,Suggestions, HELP!

GalatiEat ThisPizza /

I have what I believe to be a MOTOBECANE Sebring. I know they have a mix of them between Motobecane & Motomarina. I believe this one is a Motobecane. The year is or should be between 78-80 to my knowledge.

I'm looking for help with this ped. I bought it over a month ago & have been sitting on it. Shortly after buying it I had some locals offer me a Case Inducted Morini, With a 65cc Kit & a Pipe, for a few bucks. So I now have those extra parts. None of which are currently hooked up. The Kit needs a Piston Ring.

What Is my best bet with this bike. I want to get it running a decent speed. I would love for it to fly. But hell I'm content with 30mph if possible. I weigh about 175. Right now it's going 5-10ish(broken speedo). I puchased a ring for the kit, right dimensions. But was then told I needed A dykes Ring.

Bottom line ^This is what I have. I also have a limited amount of cash to throw in. I just need some pointers, tips or suggestions to get this thing going. I can't find much of anything on sebrings.

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

547080_10150902868499582_1264151731_n.jpg

Re: Motobecane Sebring Tips, Tricks,Suggestions, HELP!

Don't have much time to post but thought I would mention.. looking for info on the engine (morini) rather than on Seabring.. you will find more go fast info that way.. also, cool tid bit - magnum ebr hydro's fit in the triple tree...

That bike in stock form should have no problem hitting 25-30. I would take it to a nearby mopedarmy guy and buy him some beer to take a look at it. My first guesses would be a scored cylinder or stuck piston ring.

Get it going as is before you throw the kitted motor on.

one of my fave peds

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

Oh..so youre the one on CL trying to sell this for 600.

First off..your bike has a MO2 engine.

That is a Franco Morini Piston Ported 2speed engine.

The kit you speak of is for an M1..

which is a Franco Morini Reed Valved 1speed...

Meaning..the kit doesnt work for your engine.

GalatiEat ThisPizza /

I haven't tried to put the kit on this engine, I know it won't work/Doesn't Fit.

The kit was for the Case Inducted. & I have yet to swap engines.

I was going to sell it. But i'm taking the battle with any & all help I can get.

I have a silver sebring with MO2. It's a fantastic bike. I've got the polini kit, 21mm phbg and EV racing pipe. It hits mid-hi 40's and gets there very fast.

Initially I bored the carb, derestricted the stock pipe and took off the stock air filter. That got me up to 33 or so. Then I put on the pipe and kit and got to around 41, and it was incredibly torquey. It would wheelie if I wasnt careful. Then I put on a 19mm carb and gained a few mph. Then the 21mm this year and got another mph or two out of it.

They're very solid bikes, and the engines are pretty easy to rebuild.

M1 doesn't fit into the frame where a mo1 or mo2.. was.. m1 is m1 .. plain and simple.

GalatiEat ThisPizza /

I was told by treats that they think the Ring is discontinued, as they haven't received them in a very long time. & because the kit was discontinued nearly a decade ago. & think that stops me dead in the water without the Dykes L ring.

you cant solely rely on treats to have it. scour the interwebs for pistion/ring manufactures what has the correct dimensions. yea its work.

What is the bore of the kit and I can find you the dykes ring.

If currently it is going 5-10mph then just give it a proper tune up and decoke. You should be back to 30mph. Once you have her running right and are familiar to her wishes then look to upgrade.

GalatiEat ThisPizza /

I have searched for the ring & didn't give up easily either. I actually ordered one from ebay-italy & it wasn't a dykes ring. I've got it going 17mph now, GPS'd it on my phone. Still need some tinkering to do, to make it where it should be.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account