torque vs speed, just curios

I read a lot about mods to make the bike go faster but I haven't seen anything about better torque. Is there a way I can mod the bike so it has more or am I stuck with just making it faster? Not a big deal just wondering.

Re: torque vs speed, just curios

Reed kit instead of a piston port kit helps. Gearing helps torque. Clutch mods help acceleration off the line.

Will a reed kit actually give me a noticeable difference or just a tad

Depends on the setup.

Know of anything for a batavus?

Oh, bummer. The Bat came with the M48 motor (or the rare batavus gran prix came with a peugeot 103 motor )

www.treatland.tv at one time sold an adapter kit to put a morini 60cc airsal kit on a bat. Looks like it's just a base spacer though and you could make it yourself or contact Motomatic directly for a kit/spacer setup ...

Being able to climb big hills and tide doubles is the want. Not sure I'd beat on the bike on a trail though.

a pipe with the expansion chamber as close to the exhaust port as possible will give more bottom end torque and some top end speed too

with a bit of work you can put a puch or tomos kit on an m48

i built one with an m48 case a solo crank and variator and a puch kstar kit and a door hinge for the swinging motor mount with a big spring to hold tension it worked pretty well

i modified a ktm 65 dirt bike pipe for it then some guy offered my money for the bike so i sold it on the spot

no idea how fast it went but on the batavus it felt like 100 i mean ever 35 feels fast on a batavus

some day il get another bat to mess with

also brad did you get that purple bat off a very weird kid named dan that looks like the same one i did some work to a couple years ago

I got it off a girl named marylin. Said she bought it off some guy on the side of the road that was yelling at it. Very weird way the bile found its way to me. Could have been dan. Unsure though. When I got it the left pedal was snapped off head light was just shaking in the holder and there was a busted cup holder on it. The odometer is stuck but the speedometer works.. Oh and the plastic on the seat is torn. The back piece of the muffler was missing. That's about all the "characteristics" I could name to give you an idea if it is that bike. And the air filter is missing too. This one is basically a beater. Fun though. In autumn I'll be looking for one in better shape but keep this one for a loaner or possible moding it (but probably just do what's needs to be done to keep it running)

that would be dan yelling at it dude was crazy like to shoot up a lot when he came to my house he was all strung out had tracks up and down both arms i didnt really even want him there

that bike was mint he wrecked it

i remember that cause its the only purple batavus va50 i ever seen

both

Tomos tomos the future

Having had extensive experience with bats I have to say a fun fast torquey experience will never be had on a batavus. I have tried. I hate to say it but you are better off getting a hobbit or kitting a puch or tomos. The bloodsweattears to gains ratio on bats is horrendous.

@jason, check with marilyn and she bought it off a guy named leo

dan gives out fake names cause he thinks the government is after him

if he was yelling at the bike i can guarantee it was dan

he told me his ped was trying to kill him because he bought a puch

pretty fucked up guy he makes me laugh though

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

If you and your gear total more than 175 lbs: Torque

If you want to be a bug collector: Speed

Kreidlers got torque. Not so much of a mind-blowing thrill of a fast bike but lovable none the less.

I'm not planning on torgueing up the bat, that's a beater bike. I'm trying get an idea of a bike I can mess with to look for later on in autumn. Perferably top tank but a nice bike is a nice bike

you need a 2 speed the most torquey of all moped i ever had were the jawa 210 2 speed if you can get the traction you can climb a brick wall with that bike

and a tomos a35 or a55 both will climb any hill and still go fast

i have a modded stock A55, 27x26, drilled holes in airbox, technigas next r silver edition pipe, re-tuned carb.

very torquey, goes 40mph and gets there very quickly, 80-110 mpg

reeds really arent required, but they do make it easier. You'll need to know how to tune a PHVA for a setup like this.

+1

Carb-tuning takes bloody hours of jetting, testing, rejetting, idle-adjusting, testing, rejetting, testing...

Lather, rinse, repeat. Ad infinitum.

Then the weather changes on you with a +/- 10C swing :)

Kreidler VS. Bat.......brick wall.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account