people that have a tomos and have put a bike Speedo on it...

Chris Davis /

how did you attach the magnet to the wheel? I'm thinking of attaching it to the same place that the stock Speedo drive is, but the only way I can think to attach it is with some kind of adhesive or even (I can't think of the name it right now but it comes in two rolls that you mix together and shape into whatever you need, it has metal in it)

Re: people that have a tomos and have put a bike Speedo on it...

How about JB Weld?

Chris Davis /

that's what I was thinking of Jb Weld. I was just having a brain fart and couldn't remember the name. If I scratch the surface up to give it something to hold to, you think it would work?

I do. The magnet is so light I can't imagine how it would come loose. But I'd scuff the contact points and clean with degreaser before applying the adhesive.

The kit will probably come with a magnet that is designed to clamp onto a bike spoke. Clamp that down on a section of bailing wire and put a dab of epoxy on the end. Twist the end of the bailing wire until it pulls the magnet tight onto the mag spoke, the epoxy will keep it set in place. You can also glue a small neodymium magnet to the rim if you dont want to use the magnet that came with the kit.

Chris Davis /

I would just wrap it around a mag spoke like you say but on the fork, that high, it looks like the sensor wouldn't be able to be mounted because of the wheel fairing and then farther up the rubber covering.

I really think the center were the OEM turner is may be the best best even if I have to use jbweld

carl jepsen /

use silicone adhesive so you can take it off later

Chris Davis /

will that stay on though? Are talking like the stuff that comes out of a caulking gun?

DAM Kevin Boyd /

i drilled mine and screwed it in with a lil bracket. works great and is still holding up!

don't forget your potassium

I used 5 minute epoxy from ACE. I put the magnet kind of near the middle between two spokes and epoxied the sensor sideways to the spot on the brake plate where it grabs a nub on the fork. Just be sure to clean everything first.

i used jb weld, still got it on there. just dont mess up the location!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account