mass rider thinking of crossing the border

Over here in mass all you need is a sticker and valid drivers license to ride your moped around. Can I go over the border to rhode island or will I get in trouble?

Re: mass rider thinking of crossing the border

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

The east providence crew might chop your head off as soon as you cross the border

You'll be fine as long as you are registered and have a license, keep your registration with you always. If you get pulled over they'll probably tell you that you can't ride in MA an you have to go home, just wait for him to leave and keep going

But I can ride in Mass. The thing I'm worried about is insurance isn't needed in mass and I don't have it but its needed in rhode island. So if I'm pulled over will I be busted for driving uninsured? Really don't need that on my record

Tri-ped Dave has a written out letter that you can show to a cop if you get pulled over. He says it will get ya out of it and is legally binding. Talk to him about it.

I have been pulled over enough times by a cop in RI and I am from MA..

if your polite and don't get angry when they make assertions that they have no grounds in and just keep asking them questions..

apologize and say that when you read the registration (and hand them your registration) that you thought it would be fine to ride a moped across state borders in RI...

much the same way that if your from MA your car has to have a front license plate and RI it doesn't etc.. they back off.. they say don't do it next time or something and leave you be..

think of it as a 20 min break...

That's how I always deal with police, just be polite, apologies and calm. Like the 20 minute break view. Ha!

Oh I meant RI not MA, so reread everything I wrote and swap MA for RI. If you get pulled over for whatever reason, you're not going to get a ticket or anything, unless maybe you're a jerk to the cop? I don't think I know anyone who got pulled over in RI and got a ticket.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account