Magnum Swing Arm

I know it's been discussed about putting a magnum swing arm on a maxi. I know that it allows you to run a wider rear tire.

How much longer/wider is it? If I don't care about running a wide tire, is it just cosmetic?

Does anyone have a photo of a maxi swing arm next to a magnum swing arm for comparison?

Re: Magnum Swing Arm

I did a 2.75" Gazelle on a snowflake.

Overpriced Parts /

You got to cut down your maxi rear fender if you use a magnum Swingarm

that's good to know. can anyone measure how long their magnum swing arm is? and how wide it is at the axel mount?

much appreciated

The length is roughly 13 1/2 inches from the center of the mounting tube to the inside of the dropout. The length is 15 3/8 inches from the center of the mounting tube to the very end of the dropout. The width between the dropouts is roughly 5 1/2 inches.

thank you very much. That helps a lot.

in your opinion, if you are NOT going to run a wider tire, is it worth tracking down a magnum swing arm if I already have a maxi one?

just get a robot swing arm they look cool are all shiny and only 50 bucks wider tires cooler looks in somes opinions and no fender mods:]

Robot swing arms are trash, I love my mag swingarm

campeona del mundo /

maxi swingarms are pretty sexy in comparison to the magnum swingarm.

Will Janssen /

i love magnum swing arms on a maxi

look here my wifes moped

My frame is actually a free spirit frame, but it came with a maxi swing arm. I think the magnum arm is better suited for what I'm doing.

I know have a WTB tread in the Buy/Sell forum incase any of you guys are holding.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account