Dump First Gear on a Tomos?

Is there anyway I can lose my first gear? It all flats down here in FL and my first gear sucks. It is possible first has never worked properly as I have never ridden another Tomos for comparison. Transition from 1st to 2nd is smooth enough but it is sluggish.

Best,

Xeta

Re: Dump First Gear on a Tomos?

mod for higher rpms so the clutch grabs later. its free, just pull the clutch, cut the spring and replace. also use different oil for more slip. 1st will go from shifting sluggish at 10-12 mph to fast and tight at ~19 mph.

Thanx. I'll check that out.

Wiki..

Has Tomos shift thingy problem you describe with fixy.

First gear is what prevents your bike from being even more sluggish on takeoff... Have you ever tried starting in second gear? Slow down at a stop sign as slow as you can without downshifting, and count the time on the calendar until you can get back up to cruising speed :)

If you had a lazer 5 you could just switch the tranny to high. With a big bore kit and a piece of conduit as a pipe would have you going a whole 19mph. (edited)

Without the first gear clutch a tomos won't move. Make sure you have the correct amount of atf type a. Another issue is that if your engine is running poorly it will affect the shift since the clutches are centrifugal. (edited)

I agree with Aaron; sell your Thomas and get a Laser

Mars™   Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I agree with Aaron; sell your Thomas and get a

> Laser

Oh, hey Mars. How ya doin?

then what happens when you wanna go to the beach how ya gonna get over them steep bridges if ya only has one gear and its high

The bridges aren't so steep Long low inclines.

go to citrus ave in ft pierce it goes almost vertical

i never took a dump in first gear on a tomos, but i did put buck lure in the baffle once, it left a massive burning piss smell behind me!

Ha! :))

haha at 2stroken

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

Stalked by Slow Goer Chad and Downhill Harvey - could could this morning get any better? :)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account