84 yamaha

Anybody ever hear of a shaft drive moped? I have a chance to buy a 1984 yamaha moped, supposedly with a shaft drive. Anyone familiar with them?

Re: 84 yamaha

"Ariel Dick has 9 of them in his bone yard~mostly sells em to folks in Europe~why do you ask ?

A local guy has one for sale for $300.00. Says it's in decent shape, runs good, etc. Is that a good deal?

Overpriced Parts /

Not a moped where I live but where you live you can run any 50cc bike

Just wondering if one that runs is worth $300?

Seriously? Aren't you the dude peddling those $1200 chinese things? for the record, I'd rather have any Jap no-ped than one of those Lazer whatchamajiggers. $300 is fair for a running bike in my area.

No, i'm not peddling anything, was just trying to share information. But yea, i was thinking $300 wouldn't be too high for a running Yamaha, thanks.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

I had two during the mid 80s. They're great little nopeds.

How the hell could we tell you if the one you have in mind is worth $300 ???

Just get it and ride it.

and maybe a pink mohawk too.

Matt Kefer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Seriously? Aren't you the dude peddling those

> $1200 chinese things? for the record, I'd rather

> have any Jap no-ped than one of those Lazer

> whatchamajiggers. $300 is fair for a running bike

> in my area.

i like the lazer mopeds well the engine i like not so much the ugly frame but the suspension is nice and cushy and the engine has endless amounts of mods and performance parts available cheap and no im not selling them either but i have worked on a few of them and they are pretty nice off the forum i dont like jerry at all he is a total douche

also jim ya cant go wrong with a yamaha qt50

If the new chinese crap is worth $1200 then the Yammy would be worth at least $1201... but price adjusted for reality, the QT50 is worth $300 so the Laser piece of crap is only worth $299 tops.

Gentlemen, thank you very much for the input.

I've got one! A 1982 Yamaha Towny MJ50 noped with shaft drive. I would reccomend it for the fact that the bike is very well made and practically maitenance free (no chain tensioners to mess with or chain to inspect for wear/lube), and it has an incredibly smooth ride. I think that the shaft drive cuts down on vibrations a lot but it also seems to be lacking in low-end tourque. You should take into account that shaft drive limits the changes you can make to you gearing as replacements are impossible to find. Good luck.

How are they on climbing hills? My driveway is pretty steep!

well, went and checked out the Yamaha. It was a little too rough.. still looking for a 2nd moped..

yeah if its rough its not worth it theres so many qt50s around you should be able to find a decent one cheap

Dude ha ha ha.. Probably a qt50, chappy, or a champ... They are all shaft drive buy it

Dude ha ha ha.. Probably a qt50, chappy, or a champ... They are all shaft drive buy it

@don--- people in Europe want qt50s?? I don't think so... And, Ariel dick is becoming more and more elusive... Take some pics of this boneyard u always rave about

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account