lingo?

Been having a problem with my bike and I have a buddy who's father is a life long mechanic. He's good at what he does. When I rode by their house the other day he said by the sound of it I need a new needle and seat for it. Looked at the carb blow up diagram but there is nothing listed as a needle and seat, I'm thinking its a lingo thing, any idea what he could meant?

Re: lingo?

Wolf Wizard /

Some carbs do not have needles.

The one I have doesn't, but what about seat?

Wolf Wizard /

Only thing I could think of as a needle seat would be a slide.

The needle he is referring to is the one that lets fuel into the float bowl. It is attached to the float. The seat is where the needle seats to form a seal. This is not the same as the needle that is in the middle of the slide.

Rob, here's a picture of my carb. Which numbers would they be?

carb%20blow%20out.jpg

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

On the encarwi #18 is what performs that function. as the bowl fills it floats up and stops gas from coming in. Check to make sure it's not upside down, one side is pointed the other is rounded.

Ha, it is a possibilty I put the float in upside down. I didn't make note of which way I put it in. If so I'm an idiot but it will be a quick fix

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account